Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Des Walker on Sky's The Fantasy Football Club

A proper good story teller.... I do hope he can arrange an evening with and bring it nearby where i live - his Clough/Fashanu story at Wimbledon and the Ian Wright story were great, could have listened to more.
What a great player too, and astonished to hear his International career was over at 27 (I suppose we have Graham Taylor to thank for that).

A proper good bloke too.

Comments

• Options
    Very good defender with an equally good moustache
  • Options
    I think Dale Gordons tash was better, looked like a dodgy car dealer.
  • Options
    Great defender Des Walker. Well organised and like shi* off a shovel
  • Options
    Arguably our best player in Italia 90 imo, although Gazza got the plaudits and stole the show.
    Proper Londoner ain't 'e.
  • Options
    My mate Theos claim to fame, was Spurs kept him on and let Des go
  • Options
    his international career ended when the back pass rule came in. he could chase anything over the top and get there first. But when the easy option of passing back to the GK was taken away, he was less effective.

great story about Brian Clough changing into brogues for the pre-match meeting with the oppo manager and captain, and stamping on John Fashanu's bare feet. "See Desmond, he isn't that hard". Priceless.
  • Options
    My son's (named Desmond) is 10 months and when he's cruising around in his walker I sing "there's only one des walker" and he goes batshit! As soon as he gets in it he's waiting for the song