Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Move On Crew look away now - Analysis of SCP start at Hudders

For those that don't burst into a fit of pique on the mention of his name, interesting piece on what a trio of reporters have made of his start there

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/chris-powells-report-card---8090928?

Comments

• Options
    How does that compare to Curbs start at West Ham
  • Options
    The lads done good. Pleased for him.
  • Options
    Excellent
  • Options
    Didn't really need to read that report...

7 games unbeaten says it all.

Well done, SCP.
  • Options
    What was Steve Gritts record with when he started with Brighton?
  • Options
    Good to see. I really hope Chris does well because he deserves it. And, he is just such a good bloke.
  • Options
    He did amazing for us. But he would have taken us down, which wouldn't have been his fault due to the players we had, Riga just performed a miracle. I'm so pleased to see him doing so well now.
  • Options
    Anyone else confused by the title? I was sitting here wondering what Crewe had to do with it.

Then I started thinking there may be some X-Factor shit band called "Move on Crew" or something.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dizzee said:

He did amazing for us. But he would have taken us down, which wouldn't have been his fault due to the players we had, Riga just performed a miracle. I'm so pleased to see him doing so well now.

Spot on, concise analysis here.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

What was Steve Gritts record with when he started with Brighton?

Why don't you look it up yourself and tell us?
  • Options
    Powells teams always start off really well. Don't they?
  • Options
    masicat said:

Powells teams always start off really well. Don't they?

did you not see what happened after his first 4 games when he took over us ??
  • Options
    Move on.
  • Options
    Hope he has learned from experience and doesn't get too negative and over cautious. He has done a great job at Hudds after a rocky start, hope he now goes on to prove himself a great manager.
  • Options
    Think he has a larger budget at Hudds compared to CAFC. Just saying!
  • Options
    Well done CP, I wasn't much of a fan of him as a manager, but those results look pretty good to me. Obviously any manager is dependent upon the support he gets from the owners/directors, and very clever signing of Diego.
  • Options
    I've moved on.
    So has Chris Powell.
    And I'm pleased he's doing well for himself.

But I love what Bob Peeters is doing....
  • Options
    Couldn't give a flying fig.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like he's doing well and good luck to him- Holt and Poyet are very good signings. Interestingly one of the journalists praises "his flexibility when it comes to team selection and tactics" which I often thought was one of his weaknesses here, if they end up on a bad run it will be interesting to see how Powell copes.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Sounds like he's doing well and good luck to him- Holt and Poyet are very good signings. Interestingly one of the journalists praises "his flexibility when it comes to team selection and tactics" which I often thought was one of his weaknesses here, if they end up on a bad run it will be interesting to see how Powell copes.

I'm not sure team selection or starting formation was. He wasn't afraid to change things about against certain opposition, like the 3-5-2 away to Huddersfield. My biggest criticism of him was sitting too deep late in games and throwing leads away. Wigan away and Birmingham home both spring to mind. Overall though, he was a very good manger for us.
  • Options
    Has that dickhead Hudds fan who came on here to say how shit CP was been back?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    What was Lennies record after he took over at Boro?
  • Options

Last active on 21 September. Hope he's ok.

LeedsbasedTownfan ·
    About
    Username LeedsbasedTownfan Joined November 2011 Visits 10 Last Active September 21 Roles Member Points 76
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Couldn't give a flying fig.

so much so you opened the thread despite the warning in the title and then posted your opinion.

Think you need to move on : - )
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Last active on 21 September. Hope he's ok.

LeedsbasedTownfan ·
    About
    Username LeedsbasedTownfan Joined November 2011 Visits 10 Last Active September 21 Roles Member Points 76
    Typical isn't it. I'm sure he'll be back when they lose a couple of games on the spin.
  • Options
    Do Huddersfield still do those cartoon match reports?

I'd Google, but I have no idea what to search for.
  • Options
    IA said:

Do Huddersfield still do those cartoon match reports?

I'd Google, but I have no idea what to search for.

If you put Huddersfield comedy/cartoon match report into google you'd probably get Compo being pushed down a hill whilst Nora Batty shouts at him and waves her apron