Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Average salaries in the worlds major football leagues

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2833020/Premier-League-wages-dwarf-Europe-flight-players-England-earning-average-2-3million-year.html

"These extraordinary numbers are detailed for the first time today as part of a wide-ranging study by Sportsmail of leagues around the globe."

Comments

• Options
    The championship is 8th in the global table!!!

totally ridiculous.
  • Options
    I expect the averages for the likes of Russia and China have been greatly boosted by a few individual players.
  • Options
    There you have one element of our new business model: the average championship wage is double or treble that of Denmark, Netherlands and Belgium.
  • Options
    Is probably so big because the relegated teams will have players on Premier League budgets that inflate the average... Bet the smaller clubs arent on that sort of wage
  • Options
    The Premier League influence on our league will be a factor, but its also something that we as Championship fans should actually be proud of.

One major reason why wages are good in this league is because it is so well supported by the fans on matchdays. The 6th most attended league in the world infact.
  • Options
    JESUS!!
  • Options
    Average Championship wage is £486k, while the average Belgian Pro League salary is £205k, less than half. Suddenly Roland's plans make a lot of sense!
  • Options
    Average of under £3k per week in Denmark, the league from which we got Igor...
  • Options
    That is just wrong - £2.2m (and that's the average)
  • Options
    Is that Belgium 16th on £4k pw ? Denmark 16th on £3k pw. Explains a lot if so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is why RD wants to get players from abroad, not only lower price, but they will not expect higher wages than we can afford. If, say, Igor was on £3k a week and now (on average) gets £10k a week, no wonder he wants to play for us. Just a thought, if the average for our league is £9347k a week, and I would not have thought we were above average, why did we get the rumour (if it was a rumour), that Poyet was offered £15,000k a week to stay?
  • Options
    Wonder what the Premier League average would be if Chelsea and Man City were omitted from the survey?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

The Premier League influence on our league will be a factor, but its also something that we as Championship fans should actually be proud of.

One major reason why wages are good in this league is because it is so well supported by the fans on matchdays. The 6th most attended league in the world infact.

Totally agree.
    Revenue for championship clubs comes from several sources and they have all been going up over time: tv deal, solidarity money, gates, commercial revenue. And of course some clubs have parachute monies.
    The championship is paying higher salaries than top divisions in smaller countries around Europe because it can, and because the prize of promotion is the biggest in world football.
    Some think that's a bad thing and spend their time moaning about the largesse of the FAPL.
    Fortunately our new owner thinks it's a good thing and has already started sourcing players from lower paying leagues around Europe.
    The first wave has made a difference and the next wave will add quality and depth to what we have already.
    Some 50% of championship players are from abroad - we are just catching up and going beyond that.
    Of course some clubs will use their cash to overpay for players like Delort but that's just not my problem!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Just shows what good value it is if you can double the likes of someone like Vetokele's salary and still be paying well under the going rate for someone from the Championship. No offence Chris O'Grady. Utter utter madness.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Hmm.. How did the Fail get access to those figures, not least wages, for 2014? Are they using published accounts and for what year? The average club income in the Championship is £20 million "in 2014", is it? No published accounts for previous years would include the inflated parachute payments of the current EPL deal, so that seems like a rather high average to me.

And did they really get figures for player wages in Nigeria, Colombia and dozens of other countries?
  • Options

Hmm.. How did the Fail get access to those figures, not least wages, for 2014? Are they using published accounts and for what year? The average club income in the Championship is £20 million "in 2014", is it? No published accounts for previous years would include the inflated parachute payments of the current EPL deal, so that seems like a rather high average to me.

And did they really get figures for player wages in Nigeria, Colombia and dozens of other countries?

I did wonder that. A better newspaper would provide details of its sources and methodology. Having said that, the Swedish figures look very close to those told to me by knowledgeable friends when I was up there a fortnight ago. In Scandi land you can get a grip on these things because everyone's tax return is on line for everyone else to mull over. And they were astounded by the figures I was quoting for the Championship. And not in a seriously_red way either.