Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cloud Storage

Anyone got any recommendations?

I need cheap and enough space to store an initial minimum of 60gb with, no doubt, more to follow.

I've got stuff backed up - just need another option in the event of house fire, theft, etc. Not really that fussed about security - don't care if anyone nicks my photos or music!

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Dropbox is good. But google drive might be ok for you?
  • Options
    If it's just online backup rather than cloud drive access, I'd recommend crashplan.
  • Options
    I use dropbox ... easy and convenient
  • Options
    Google drive is convenient especially if you have a google email address.

Don't store any racy pics of you, your Mrs and/or the girlfriend on it though... ;0)
  • Options
    What I do is have a couple of USB sticks and I keep a copy on them and leave one at my Dad's house. Every couple of weeks I swap the one he has with another one that is more up to date.

I have several backups at home but this is just to guard against having everything stolen or burned down in a fire. Realistically it would take a theft as most hard disks can retain a lot of data in the event of a fire - assuming the house isn't burned to the ground, which in this day and age is unlikely.
  • Options
    Okay Guys, thanks v much for your input, much appreciated. I'll have a browse round at your recommendations.

I do sometimes use Chrome/gmail so it seems I already have a google drive account! Doh! :-)