Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Quick politics questionnaire

Based on the fact that this is such a politically knowledgeable forum, I thought I would post this quick questionnaire, the results of which I am using as part of an essay.

Only three questions, very simplistic, would be great if you could take a minute out of your day to complete.

Thanks in advance!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JP3ZDWX

Comments

• Done for you mate
  • Done.

I dreaded opening this thread but was pleasantly surprised.
  • nice try NSA and GCHQ!
  • edited November 2014
    Would love an "undecided" option on Q3. Instead, I've checked yes in the hope that by next year I'll feel there's someone worth voting for.
  • Would love an "undecided" option on Q3. Instead, I've checked yes in the hope that by next year I'll feel there's someone worth voting for.

It's an ugly baby contest for sure.

• nice try NSA and GCHQ!

Shit! Too late - I've completed it now.
  • edited November 2014
    Yep because no government agency has yet worked out that the electorate are 1) not interested and 2) if they are, are completely pissed off. An online survey is an online survey I suppose...
  • Would love an "undecided" option on Q3. Instead, I've checked yes in the hope that by next year I'll feel there's someone worth voting for.

agree
  • Done.

Hope you get a good mark for it!
  • Sponsored links:

• What are the Mainstream Political parties, is UKIP now mainstream?
  • Greenie said:

What are the Mainstream Political parties, is UKIP now mainstream?

It's not regarded as such by the media although, as the party with the most UK MEPs, there is an argument to say it should be.

That said I answered the survey regarding UKIP as a minority party.
  • Yep because no government agency has yet worked out that the electorate are 1) not interested and 2) if they are, are completely pissed off. An online survey is an online survey I suppose...

• LenGlover said:

Greenie said:

It's not regarded as such by the media although, as the party with the most UK MEPs, there is an argument to say it should be.

My comments referred to party's traditionally regarded as mainstream. Liberals are not anymore.
  • Kap10 said:

LenGlover said:

Greenie said:

My comments referred to party's traditionally regarded as mainstream. Liberals are not anymore.
    Says who?
  • edited November 2014

Kap10 said:

LenGlover said:

Greenie said:

Says who?
    The electorate arguably.

They didn't do well in the Euro elections, despite proportional representation (1 MEP I believe), and have lost their deposit at a few recent by - elections.

The media regard them as mainstream though as did I for the purposes of the questionnaire.

I can see Kap's point though.
  • LenGlover said:

Kap10 said:

LenGlover said:

Greenie said:

Says who?
    The electorate arguably.

They didn't do well in the Euro elections, despite proportional representation (1 MEP I believe), and have lost their deposit at a few recent by - elections.

The media regard them as mainstream though as did I for the purposes of the questionnaire.

I can't .

An opinion poll is not "the electorate".

My sitting MP is the current Energy minister. He'll be getting my vote, and I'm confident he will retain his seat, because he's a good hard working local MP. His party has a structure,a tradition, and policies built on that tradition. You may not agree with them, but they have them. UKIP have none of that.

• LenGlover said:

Kap10 said:

LenGlover said:

Greenie said:

Says who?
    The electorate arguably.

I can't .

My sitting MP is the current Energy minister. He'll be getting my vote, and I'm confident he will retain his seat, because he's a good hard working local MP. His party has a structure,a tradition, and policies built on that tradition. You may not agree with them, but they have them. UKIP have none of that.

and people dont seem to realise that's why Mark Reckless will win the by election. It's not because people want to vote ukip, they want to vote for Mark Reckless because in their eyes he's been a good representative for them.
  • edited November 2014

LenGlover said:

Kap10 said:

LenGlover said:

Greenie said:

Says who?
    The electorate arguably.

I can't .

Were the Euro elections an "opinion poll?" And are by-elections "opinion polls?"

I would have thought both are the electorate or at least that part of the electorate that wishes to engage.
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

Kap10 said:

LenGlover said:

Greenie said:

Says who?
    The electorate arguably.

I can't .

Were the Euro elections an "opinion poll?" And are by-elections "opinion polls?"

I would have thought both are the electorate or at least that part of the electorate that wishes to engage.
    Neither have been accurate guides to general election results. Don't forget that the Lib Dem vote in 2010 was the strongest in years, possibly in my lifetime. They are going through a bad patch, the result of joining a coalition in a country not used to evaluating coalitions. To suggest that suddenly this makes them "not mainstream" is pretty thoughtless, but it wasn't you that said it.

• LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

Kap10 said:

LenGlover said:

Greenie said:

Says who?
    The electorate arguably.

I can't .

Neither have been accurate guides to general election results. Don't forget that the Lib Dem vote in 2010 was the strongest in years, possibly in my lifetime. They are going through a bad patch, the result of joining a coalition in a country not used to evaluating coalitions. To suggest that suddenly this makes them "not mainstream" is pretty thoughtless, but it wasn't you that said it.

I don't think the coalition is so much the problem as the blatant betrayal over tuition fees.

Unscientific I accept but two of my daughters and a number of their friends have previously voted Lib Dem and all have told me that they never will again.
  • They should have backed out after a year or two with the "my god we didn't know what we were getting ourselves in bed with" message. Probably would have salvaged some dignity and possibly respect for owning up to what they have done.

But with Nick at the helm that never would have happened, he might as well be a Conservative MP.
  • Wouldn't be CL would it if...

a) Someone posts a simple 3 question on line questionaire

and

b) It gets dissected interminably till we lose sight of what the post was initially about.

But he did ask for political knowledge.

(Not that that explains my presence on the thread!)
  • Completed survey.
  • Wouldn't be CL would it if...

a) Someone posts a simple 3 question on line questionaire

and

b) It gets dissected interminably till we lose sight of what the post was initially about.

C L O S E D by the powers that be in approx 14 hours.......
  • LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

Kap10 said:

LenGlover said:

Greenie said:

Says who?
    The electorate arguably.

I can't .

the lib dems have seriously damaged their popularity. Particularly amongst young people - most of which actually voted for them. Their future is fucked.