Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP Jimmy Ruffin

2»

Comments

• Options
    Both classics too, Fanny. Great music.
  • Options

RIP. What a voice.
    Check out "He Who Picks A Rose" if you don't already know it.
    A Northern Soul classic.

Good unreleased track using the same backing as the Temptations "I've Got To Find A Way (To Get You Back)" Another even better track imo by Jimmy was the unreleased version of Martha Reeves & Vandellas I gotta let you go. Martha's version was an A side in the states but over here was the flip to Forget me not.
    When I say unreleased I'm talking original vinyl of course, there's tons of stuff available on cd that was never released at the time, unknown songs which never got past Quality Control & you listen now & think how did that never get released? Different versions of well known stuff, I believe almost every record that was released there exists on tape alternative versions. There's some more of Jimmy Ruffins stuff available on cd, In the neighborhood(On the avenue), Lucky lucky me (the backing of which was issued as an instrumental All for you by Earl van Dyke) So much stuff was linked to other artists.
    Sorry I'll shut up I've gone on a bit ;-) but if anyone is interested in 60s Motown (other than just the hits) search out Brenda Holloways unreleased stuff, absolutely top quality.
  • Options
    Thanks for the Brenda Holloway tip off. Just checking her work now.