Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I had that David Mellor in the back of the cab once..

2»

Comments

• Options
    masicat said:

Farage - Brand - Edmonson - Mellor ------------ odious pigs one and all.

Masicat mostly right
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Come on. Give the guy some slack. Who among us hasn't told a cab driver to shut up and do what he's told? You can't blame a man for telling it like it is. He's a QC, has been active in Government for many years, has a degree from Oxford and lots of money for which he has sacrificed an awful lot. How dare anyone who is just a simple cab driver presume to know better than David how to get from one part of London to another most efficiently. A shocking impudence. The usual kneejerk response from the far left CL I see.

Oh sorry. I just came over all strange..
  • Options
    I'm afraid he was never very gracious when he didn't get his way

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29934257
  • Options
    Can't stand Mellor and love cabbies, but the suspicious side of me notes that the released stuff from this is when Mellor is in full rant. Yes he is a berk, but I wouldn't rule out he had been provoked before the recording started.

• Options
    lolwray said:

i think a lot of people on CL enjoy healthy discourse ...although i think there will be a unanimous view on DM ...

he needs a good slap to say the least

Oi!!
  • Options
    I worked on David mellors house in st Katherine's dock about 12 years ago. He was always polite and seemed ok, his wife now that was a nasty vicious stuck up bitch that looked down on us and didn't mind saying what she thought of us on a regular basis sometimes just for drilling a hole in the wall. if she was to have fallen in the dock you wouldn't of seen me jump in or throw a life ring as It would of been a god send
  • Options

Can't stand Mellor and love cabbles, but the suspicious side of me notes that the released stuff from this is when Mellor is in full rant. Yes he is a berk, but I wouldn't rule out he had been provoked before the recording started.

I like you AFKA, but I'm not sure I'm at that stage yet.....
  • Options

Come on. Give the guy some slack. Who among us hasn't told a cab driver to shut up and do what he's told? You can't blame a man for telling it like it is. He's a QS, has been active in Government for many years, has a degree from Oxford.

Quantity Surveyor?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Doh. QC.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got a cab from LB yesterday and the driver told me he dropped Mellor off and the fare was £28.80. Mellor gave him £30 and the driver have him back £1.20. Mellor then gave the driver 20p !!
    Of course my reply was " well, a tip is a tip" , didn't want to get sucked in. Cab dropped me in London Wall and the meter said £8.20p. I gave him £10 and told him to keep the change. I'm not sure I would have given him over 20% had he not told me the Mellor story, so I did get sucked in.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Got a cab from LB yesterday and the driver told me he dropped Mellor off and the fare was £28.80. Mellor gave him £30 and the driver have him back £1.20. Mellor then gave the driver 20p !!
    Of course my reply was " well, a tip is a tip" , didn't want to get sucked in. Cab dropped me in London Wall and the meter said £8.20p. I gave him £10 and told him to keep the change. I'm not sure I would have given him over 20% had he not told me the Mellor story, so I did get sucked in.

You're on Radio London now, telling him to f*** off.
  • Options
    I heard him squeeze out this grovelling apology on LBC this morning.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/11/29/david-mellor-taxi-driver_n_6240432.html?1417271714
  • Options
    I don't like Mellor and an apology is right but it would be quite refreshing to hear that he meant it and to also have a pop about recording him.
  • Options

Come on. Give the guy some slack. Who among us hasn't told a cab driver to shut up and do what he's told? You can't blame a man for telling it like it is. He's a QC, has been active in Government for many years, has a degree from Oxford and lots of money for which he has sacrificed an awful lot. How dare anyone who is just a simple cab driver presume to know better than David how to get from one part of London to another most efficiently. A shocking impudence. The usual kneejerk response from the far left CL I see.

Oh sorry. I just came over all strange..

I feel sorry for strange.
  • Options