Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Missing - BBC drama

After tonight's episode I'm more confused than ever???

Comments

• Think the stuff on the yacht was a dream in the head of Garrett's wife...

Yes it was. Tony has obviously killed Garrett and we know he has got away with it because last episode we heard Garrett had been missing for six years and was now officially declared dead. My guess Tony scuppered his boat in the middle of the lake with Garrett on it. However I hope Tony saved the tapes and handed them in anonymously. Excellent drama. My money is still on the English copper though as it was from the first episode.

Yes it was. Tony has obviously killed Garrett and we know he has got away with it because last episode we heard Garrett had been missing for six years and was now officially declared dead. My guess Tony scuppered his boat in the middle of the lake with Garrett on it. However I hope Tony saved the tapes and handed them in anonymously. Excellent drama. My money is still on the English copper though as it was from the first episode.
    I think the English cop is hiding something too. He just seems dodgy.
  • edited November 2014
    Well, the last two or three of these, it's always been the cop or a close relative of theirs...so you may be right! As long as it's not Baptiste, as I like him (he's the best actor...)
  • Just glad the journalist not in it this week but sure he will be back. Although bit of a poor caricature.
  • I am ashamed to admit that my wife has to sit there saying, ' that's his ex wife ' ' now they have gone back '. It's got me beat, but I'm going to employ an interpreter for the last episodes.
  • I must admit that some of the time I'm not sure if the scene is 2006 or now as Tony looks haggard for both dates, perhaps they should have given him a blonde rinse or something.
  • It is the length of hair.
    Tony's hair is much longer/thicker in present day.
  • and his wife's is much shorter back in 2006
  • and his wife's is much shorter back in 2006

And a different colour.
  • Sponsored links:

• so the english cop must be in bed with garrett and the trafficking ring ...has has married tonys ex missus to maintain his cover ?

must admit i am liking this better than i am a celeb !
  • I think the reporter and the French cop giving him info will be back in play next week.
  • It's the most confusing programme I've ever seen. Wibble.
  • Glad its not just me and the missus confused by this, we reckon English copper is involved
  • What's confusing about it?
  • What's confusing about it?

Every time you blink it's jumped back or forth 8 years. By the time you've worked out what year your in, you're wrong, because it's changed again.

Then there's so many names bandied about & dreams or are they ?

I was fed up with it, after the 1st episode, but keep watching, as I want to find out what happened. Double wibble.
  • Really enjoying it so far hasn't confused me too much but I understand with all different scenes in time. I'm with the majority on here that the cop husband has got to be involved. If anyone like the Irish fella there's a good series just started on channel 4 called Babylon, the first two episodes are on catch up
  • I'm not as old as Len Glover but I have really struggled to hear all the dialogue clearly, and not just the French.....
  • started off alright bit dragged out and very slow, missed last two episodes wasn't going to bother but wife says 4th episode was better, still not sure I will.

It's the most confusing programme I've ever seen. Wibble.

you should watch Intruders! Actually it isn't bad apart from some surprisingly awful acting by John Simm.
  • Salad said:

started off alright bit dragged out and very slow, missed last two episodes wasn't going to bother but wife says 4th episode was better, still not sure I will.

you should watch Intruders! Actually it isn't bad apart from some surprisingly awful acting by John Simm.
    I watched the 1st Intruders & thought it was a load of crap :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Salad said:

started off alright bit dragged out and very slow, missed last two episodes wasn't going to bother but wife says 4th episode was better, still not sure I will.

I'm still watching it, but it's pretty strange. Have also been watching the first series of The Bridge, which I think is excellent, despite being in Swedish and Danish.
  • I'm enjoying this, but agree it can be a bit confusing. There could any number of endings, but I know who my money is on. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds.
  • If you have sky plus'd it then go back to the original scene when the boy goes missing in the bar - the answer is there.
  • Hmm. Tempted. Very tempted.
  • Salad said:

I'm still watching it, but it's pretty strange. Have also been watching the first series of The Bridge, which I think is excellent, despite being in Swedish and Danish.
    Season 2 of the Bridge is even better imo.

This Missing thing sounds interesting, might give it a shot. We're kind of between shows in the Exiled household right now.

• PL54 said:

If you have sky plus'd it then go back to the original scene when the boy goes missing in the bar - the answer is there.

I'm what way?, PM me if you don't want to spoil on here
  • edited November 2014

PL54 said:

If you have sky plus'd it then go back to the original scene when the boy goes missing in the bar - the answer is there.

I'm what way?, PM me if you don't want to spoil on here
    Likewise!

I've just watched that part again, unless I'm missing (no pun intended) something obvious I can't work out the answer.
  • I just got mugged off too. Trawled through my deleted programmes on my Sky+ planner, found the first episode, watched the bit 3 times, once in slow motion and saw nothing to throw any light on the mystery,