Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Away

Been booking a holiday - just under a week in the States next year, really looking forward to it. Flying out to JFK on 2nd April.

Woke up this morning and Millwall away came in to my head - "better just check - it would be unbelieveable if it was that weekend".

Of course it's April 4th.

I've not booked flights but I have booked a couple of things which would be hard to change/would lose money.

The thought of us winning while out there is unthinkable.

We get almost nothing to cheer about being Charlton fans.
I genuinely think we're consigned to a life of football misery and 'what might have been' supporting this club, always get kicked in the balls
when there is a slight glimpse of success etc. (Parker f***ing things up, FA Cup Boro, Sheffield Utd etc).

Having not seen us beat the scum since the Upton Park victory, humiliated at the 0-4, dreadful showing at the 0-1
and the alright (but in reality quite dire) 0-0's at the toolbox... well... plus that chance at the end on Saturday, we have to win sometimes! I only go cos I can't risk not being there if we win!

Genuinely dunno what to do now, I'm erring towards rearranging, and attending what in all probability will be an abysmal game, another 0-0, or more humiliation.

But to actually turn them over at their annual biggest home gate of the season would be fookin amazing.

Do I risk not being there?!!

Comments

• Go on holiday!!!
  • Its Easter isnt it? you get more time off for less holiday and you are thinking about changing your holiday at an expense.

Id go to the doctor..
  • I've booked to Cyprus in May. Had the option to fly back on play off final day but decided I'd better fly back the day before just in case. Will miss both semi final legs though.
  • you need help if you are thinking of changing your holiday to go to Millwall away!!!
  • I'm supposed to be in Amsterdam, but not missing this game, would kill me if I missed our 0v0 draw
  • Manhattan or Bermondsey, Times Square or the toolbox? Hmm...
  • I am on a coach tour at Easter to eastern Europe as wife works term time only. Knew I would miss the New Den match but made sure to get an early morning flight back from Munich for the Fulham home game.

Attending the 2-0 win in the snow was a mere Oasis in a very barren landscape. Never used to miss a game home or away. Hate to miss home games, but as you get older, you realise (or at least I do) that life is too short.
  • edited November 2014
    My Dad is a season ticket holder and we go to about 30% of away games together. He despises Millwall but always manages to book holidays at a time before the fixtures are announced, only to then find out his time away clashes with Millwall.

He has missed 4 of the 5 meetings we've had with them in the last 5 years because of this.

He has not missed us score a goal against them in those 4 games.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2014
    The match is on Friday 3rd April (Good Friday) 7.45 KO.

• I think we have a great chance of beating them. BP has had a chance to see their strengths and weaknesses, and in the next game can modify his game plan and get the result.

When you consider our record, to be blunt, if you are an older fan and you miss a win against that lot, you may not get another chance.

But it's worse still if you are younger. What happens if you go on to have children and in a few years from now a Boggzy junior says 'Dad is it true we've only beaten Millwall once in 30 odd years?'
    And you say 'yes son'
    And he says 'still it must have been an amazing experience to see us not only win but win by 7 goals, and then the celebrations afterwards, what was it like?'
    Any you say 'I don't know son, at the time the seventh goal went in, I was walking down Main Street, Disneyland with Mickey Mouse'.

Up to you @Boggzy, if you don't mind missing a potentially great game that makes going to all the other games seem worthwhile, if you don't mind taking 'banter' from your friends for the rest of your life, if you don't mind the look of shock / contempt /pity from others, get on that plane and have a great holiday.
  • I've booked to Cyprus in May. Had the option to fly back on play off final day but decided I'd better fly back the day before just in case. Will miss both semi final legs though.

Don't worry large, we'll have the title wrapped up before you go
  • Cheers all, l obviously I know deep down it's ridiculous, but the OCD part of me just thinks what's the point of all the pain supporting Charlton if you're not gonna be there when you might get a rare bit if joy (a rare oasis as you say BB)

Maybe the answer is to lump on us winning so I don't feel too down if the unimaginable happens!
  • I'd move the holiday, as long as it's not to the disadvantage of other people/family etc.

I've never seen us beat them and the thought of missing it is unthinkable. Holidays are ten-a-penny these days for most people but beating Millwall is a once in 20 years job.

Check the fixture list next time ;)
  • edited November 2014
    Boggzy , you CAN'T miss the Millwall game,you will never forgive yourself, i will however help you out of a difficult situation, its a sacrifice i know...., but i will go in your place on holiday instead...
  • Dansk_Red said:

Says 3pm on our website and theirs. Doubt the police would allow us and them a full bank holiday worth of drinking beforehand.
  • Holiday 100%. It'll just be another shite game and even if we do win I genuinely don't think you'll care that much about missing it.
  • I'm genuinely not that fussed about the '18 year unbeaten run'. It's about the only thing they've got over us as a football club and when you take into consideration how comical the head to head record is, it's hard to think they've got anything over us at all.
  • MrLargo said:

Dansk_Red said:

Says 3pm on our website and theirs. Doubt the police would allow us and them a full bank holiday worth of drinking beforehand.
    I got the information for the fixture booklet given out at the beginning of the season.

• Sponsored links:

• I'd change to date of the holiday if it was me, I couldn't not be there if we beat them!!!!
  • edited November 2014
    I'm on holiday for the away fixture(booked before fixtures! honest) and no one would like to see us beat them more than me

but as much as i'd like to be there for the next victory because i'm not doesn't mean i wont want us to beat them 0-25
    even if obviously i'd be gutted not to be there but that would be more than outweighed by getting one over the filthy vermin scum

but that's me, go with your heart
  • boggzy said:

Been booking a holiday - just under a week in the States next year, really looking forward to it. Flying out to JFK on 2nd April.

Woke up this morning and Millwall away came in to my head - "better just check - it would be unbelieveable if it was that weekend".

Of course it's April 4th.

Don't worry oohahhh makes that mistake every year.
  • Book the holiday.
  • cafctom said:

My Dad is a season ticket holder and we go to about 30% of away games together. He despises Millwall but always manages to book holidays at a time before the fixtures are announced, only to then find out his time away clashes with Millwall.

He has missed 4 of the 5 meetings we've had with them in the last 5 years because of this.

He has not missed us score a goal against them in those 4 games.

I'd say he was scared. Tell him to man up.
  • Still genuinely unsure what to do. @The Organiser, that's exactly my underlying train of thought. And yeah, you're right about the fixture list!

I'll sort it out one way or another.
  • I'm away for a week and so missing this fixture. Absolutely gutted. Worst thing is in going to bloody Cornwall. I wouldn't mind if I was going somewhere good.
  • There seem to be a lot more streams around so if you have an ipad or something try watching the game on that in a cafe with wifi, or get yourself to a web cafe thing. New York is superb. New Cross is a dump. Happy holidays.
  • I get back from ten days in Miami 2 days before Millwall. South Beach to South Bermondsey will really bring me back down to earth.