Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BP to stick with January plan on signing new forward

2»

Comments

• Options
    People moan when we sign players then moan when we don't you can't win. Why not just wait and see what happens in January why waste money on crap loan played like rob hulse a few years ago?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

People keep taking about money
    we was prepared to sign Delort so we must have money
    we were gonna offer that Brazilian 11K
    for 11K we must be able to get someone on loan

and @bobmunro all loans are a month at this stage, so I doubt any club would have an issue with a months loan

That's a good point but...
    We obviously dodged a bullet with Delort and we don't know who else we tried to secure last August
    And the downside of loans is that it pushes your own assets down the pecking order...there's a big debate about Harriott and Tucudean and how much game time you give them to make good...I've seen both look good at times.
    Looking forward to Saturday and may well go to the away game - would love to crash through with some glorious wins but this is Charlton and the road is longer - all good!

You're beginning to sound like @HenryIrving ;-)
    Every sinner sees the light eventually : - )
  • Options

and @bobmunro all loans are a month at this stage, so I doubt any club would have an issue with a months loan

We were prepared to buy, not loan, Delort who was a young player with potential. Note the use of the word "was"

That is quite different from a loan

We only have De Milo's (sp) agent's word that we offered 11k Euros per week. Maybe be true but not a reliable source.

I don't doubt there is money but only for someone who fits into the plan.
  • Options

I'm sorry but what is the harm in bringing someone in on a months loan to get us through the busy Christmas period

Will anybody do?

If so, I'll nip down the job centre in a minute and see if anybody is looking for a bit of work to earn a few extra quid for Christmas.
  • Options
    If theres no quality out there, then don't waste the money. I think some people just assume there is talented centre forwards out there just sitting on their arse dreaming of playing for Charlton Athletic.
  • Options
    Whilst we as fans want success upon success and that means promotion to the Prem, RD's view maybe different and whilst the ultimate objective maybe Prem football he may wish to do it in a controlled progression. BP stated at the beginning of his reign that the chairmans objective for him (BP) was to avoid relegation this season, well we are way ahead of that objective, so having spent probably over £20 million since taking over RD maybe content with where we are rather than taking the risk of splashing out on a loan that may not work.

Remember most loanees are players that have not cut it wuith their current employers.
  • Options

that 11k was Euros so about a tad under 9k sterling. But we havn't even heard from the Club that he was even on trial. And if he was perhaps they decided he wasn't good enough. Ever thought of that? And that figure of 11k came from his agent who said he wanted 20k and a 3 year deal. jog on mate. On Delort, yes we were interested but we obviously didn't rate him as much as he thought he was worth in terms of fee and wages. Looks like RD and Bob got that right as it appears we dodged a bullet there. As for other players who have moved on loan the last couple of weeks that we have missed out on? None in my opinion. Bent - high wages, not worth the risk. O'Grady - wanted to go back 'oop North near his family. Hunt - well, we might see tomorrow but not somebody I'd have wanted. Mackail-Smith - BHA wouldn't loan to a Champ Club. So not exactly as if there are loads we have missed out on.

• Options
    We just need to keep in touch with the top six. Getting momentum in the last quarter of the season to get us in the top six would suit me. What is the difference between getting in the top six in January and getting in the top six in March. And it makes for better excitement.

If you had to perform in bed would you enjoy a slow patient build up and an hour ten minutes of sheer excitement or a 6 hour marathon of partial boredom, variable performance and peaking too soon. Don't forget you have to start again in the play offs.

• Options
    dickplumb said:

The time to do the business was in the August transfer window. For whatever reason we didn't bring in the players we required. I can understand from a business point of view not bringing in a loan signing. From a football point of view we need somebody to take some of the goal scoring strain from a half fit Vetokele. Tucudean, Ahearne- Grant, Pigott and Church, in my opinion, are not good enough or not ready.
    As a team we are hard to beat, but there is no cutting edge. I can see us slowly moving down the table and by the January transfer window I think we will be halfway up the table. Would RD put his hand in his pocket then?

We may be one striker short, but we brought in plenty of players in August, most of which have been successful. Indeed if Tucudean had been more successful, there would be no clamour for another striker
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't believe we're letting Black Friday pass without signing anyone.