Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dear Santa Roland, please please please

Can we have another decent striker for Xmas, or even in the Jan sales.

Bob Peeters has been a very good boy so I think you should make his dream come true. Never mind profiles or young hungry players, get your wallet out. Surely you can see its what we need.

Comments

• Options
    Ironically I think the worse we do (when we most need another striker), the less likely we are to sign one in January. Can only see us getting someone if we have a realistic shot at the play offs.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Ironically I think the worse we do (when we most need another striker), the less likely we are to sign one in January. Can only see us getting someone if we have a realistic shot at the play offs.

I was thinking that this afternoon funnily enough.

If we kept our spot at around 6th place - I'm sure Roland would be quite happy to slap some cash on the table and get us some reinforcements. However, now we're mid-table - it probably doesn't seem as good an investment as the chances of a return (i.e going up) look smaller.

It's a funny situation to be in.
  • Options
    Really hadn't seen this when I posted on the match comments thread !
  • Options

If we kept our spot at around 6th place - I'm sure Roland would be quite happy to slap some cash on the table and get us some reinforcements. However, now we're mid-table - it probably doesn't seem as good an investment as the chances of a return (i.e going up) look smaller.

The reason we're mid-table is the failure in front of goal. We have needed a better striker to play alongside Igor, since the season started.
  • Options
    I would imagine if Bob can clear out some fringe/youth players to free up wages and balance the books he could probably persuade Roly Poly to get a striker in, even on loan. Two up front to show what is possible and more investment in the summer with the point proved. Seemplez.
  • Options
    Oh. Look who just scored for Brighton. He would have been good.
  • Options
    Daggs said:

The reason we're mid-table is the failure in front of goal. We have needed a better striker to play alongside Igor, since the season started.

It's so illogical though. The reason we're not around the Playoffs is because we don't score enough, but we only get a new striker if we're around the Playoffs, which we need a new striker to achieve. Insanity.
  • Options
    Should we continue not winning, will he invest to ensure we stay up? We are only going in one direction, due to his reticence in the transfer market.

Missed opportunities and so bloody frustrating. One home win in last seven games and could have won them all.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Daggs said:

That's my point though, as @Garrymanilow‌ says - we need one for the other, but we can only get one with the other.. Catch 22.

I agree though, within a couple of games it was clear that if anything happened to Igor we would be a bit stuck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenie said:

Can we have another decent striker for Xmas, or even in the Jan sales.

Bob Peeters has been a very good boy so I think you should make his dream come true. Never mind profiles or young hungry players, get your wallet out. Surely you can see its what we need.

An experienced 30 year old championship proven forward alongside Igor is a must and it makes sure that the green household is nice and mellow

• Options
    edited November 2014
    We need a whole new team ASAP. They're all rubbish. Apart from Fox.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Talal said:

I was thinking that this afternoon funnily enough.

It's a funny situation to be in.
    But the plan wasn't to go up this season anyway. It was a gradual plan to improve gradually for two or three years, build a decent team sensibly, and get promotion then. Let's not get carried away because we lost today. This table is so tight a draw next week and beat Blackpool and we'd be close to the play offs again. We have improved on last season already, the football is good so I'm happy at the moment.
  • Options

But the plan wasn't to go up this season anyway. It was a gradual plan to improve gradually for two or three years, build a decent team sensibly, and get promotion then. Let's not get carried away because we lost today. This table is so tight a draw next week and beat Blackpool and we'd be close to the play offs again. We have improved on last season already, the football is good so I'm happy at the moment.

THIS

We are playing nice football and a lot of it at home for a change. Yes a few more goals would be nice but where we are at this stage is a significant step up from last year. Mid table but just a few points adrift from the play offs is nothing to be ashamed of. I thought we looked very good at times today against an in form Ipswich side and think the low player marks given out by some are a reflex action to the disappointment of losing to a 95th minute goal.
  • Options
    Bumpy ride
  • Options

Bumpy ride

You're starting to get on my t*ts, Henry

:-)