Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

North Stand Chanting

2»

Comments

• Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

I was signing "the one an only" lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8f2mW1GFSI
  • Options
    when i heard everton fans i used to think the words in a northan accent "I'll let you know....i'll let you know..... the team for me.... EFC
  • Options
    I am the first to admit that my hearing is not the best anyway but I really do struggle with the lack of diction shown by the Covered End Choir as they sing at 90 MPH.

I'm sure more would join in if they had a clue as to what is being sung!
  • Options
    I think its inevitable that songs will develop with trends over time. Its clear that people will always like traditional songs such as red army, or cafc, but these become repetitive and monotonous over time. If we only sang these songs still our atmosphere would be massively lacking. I think everyone needs to just get behind them more now we know what they are. The new songs, albeit copies of other clubs, or copies of european atmosphere have benefited the club, after all theres a reason German and european football have some of the best atmospheres. And after all the atmosphere is what makes being at a game special.
  • Options
    all of what addick90 said is true but when ever i watch the German teams and the other ultra like supporters groups i always find them incredibly annoying.

I watched the dortmand supporters at Arsenal last week and I would actually end up strangling the drummer.
    and all that unison hand clapping and jumping looks a bit cringe. like doing a Mexican wave.

And a lot of the teams from Holland, Germany and eastern Europe always have chants that sound a bit ominous. As if listening to a slowed down acapella version of a dome metal song.

but they do generate a lot of noise. I’ll give em that.
  • Options
    Depending on how you hear a scouse accent, the Everton version is either "we're the blue army", "that's where I'll be" or "Roberto's bue army".

A quick scan of them singing it on youtube would suggest that they're not even entirely sure.

• Options
    Fact of the matter here is that we need more people to sing at home games. Even supporters sitting in seats to the front of north upper weren't singing and they can't use the "I don't understand what j block are saying" excuse because they're right in front of us.
  • Options
    WSS said:

YOU SING TOO FAST

Fact!!
  • Options
    Portch said:

Fact of the matter here is that we need more people to sing at home games. Even supporters sitting in seats to the front of north upper weren't singing and they can't use the "I don't understand what j block are saying" excuse because they're right in front of us.

That's where I sit and as I posted above:

I am the first to admit that my hearing is not the best anyway but I really do struggle with the lack of diction shown by the Covered End Choir as they sing at 90 MPH.

I'm sure more would join in if they had a clue as to what is being sung!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "He's got no hair but we don't care"
    "CAFC red and white army"

Who comes up with this shit?

No innovation...very basic songs!
    Not like the good old days when we would sing about wonder bras and that!
  • Options
    What at your thoughts on the 'conductors' of the ultras at European games. ( the blokes that stand at the front with a megaphone).

Wonder if British domestic league teams would benefit atmosphere wise from this.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

What at your thoughts on the 'conductors' of the ultras at European games. ( the blokes that stand at the front with a megaphone).

Wonder if British domestic league teams would benefit atmosphere wise from this.

I think it's a cringe of cheerleader proportions.