Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bob - After Match Comments

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2014
    We haven't scored a goal in nearly 4 hours of football now. No wonder TBH wanted to surge forward and try to WIN the game.
    The defence has been doing it's job, that was the first goal we conceded for nearly 5 hours.
    I say "as you were TBH, carry on bringing the ball out of defence and try to set something up".
  • Options
    Bob's comment's came after one of our best home displays in recent weeks. Probably could have done without criticizing anyone imo, especially when he admitted he wasn't going to speak to the players until today.
  • Options
    Think Bob needs to take a leaf out of Curbs' old philosophy - highs not too high, lows not too low kind of stuff.

It is a little concerning if that's his reaction to a rather unlucky, last kick 0-1 defeat to a top team after a pretty good overall performance. He'd fit in really well on Charltonlife, mind you - perhaps he should sign-up on here and let off some steam anonymously!!
  • Options
    Stone said:

We haven't scored a goal in nearly 4 hours of football now. No wonder TBH wanted to surge forward and try to WIN the game.
    The defence has been doing it's job, that was the first goal we conceded for nearly 5 hours.
    I say "as you were TBH, carry on bringing the ball out of defence and try to set something up".

But not in the last minute please!
  • Options
    Peeters really should not be calling out individuals in public, in private, yes, give a right bollocking when it is justified .. Ben Haim may well take umbrage at this, he is a volatile character, I really hope that this outburst of frustration from Peeters will not have longer term repercussions
  • Options
    “But we don’t finger point, we win and lose together and there were a lot of reasons today why we lost. It wasn’t just that incident.

Johnnie Jackson on Peeters' comments. Wise for the Fox critics to remember as well.
  • Options
    Stone said:

yeah, why doesn't every centre half just take the ball forward and try and take it round everyone?

One of bob's key philosophies is disciplined back 4. Now when your most experienced centre back breaks that for his own schoolyard personal glory you would be bloody fuming.

We have a young side and publicly slamming the most experienced player is probably a way of protecting them, because TBH has taken worse abuse publicly and can take it. Loving all the arm chair mourinho's saying it's "poor man management" etc etc. Give me a break.

• Options

“But we don’t finger point, we win and lose together and there were a lot of reasons today why we lost. It wasn’t just that incident.

Johnnie Jackson on Peeters' comments. Wise for the Fox critics to remember as well.

Sometimes makes you wonder who the "manager" of the dressing room really is - I still give JJ enormous credit for keeping things together at the time of the Powell/Riga changeover.

This
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Listened to the interview and he was obviously frustrated at the number of chances missed and he was absolutely correct regarding their goal but he should have kept it in the dressing room. Public criticism doesn't do anything for morale or get the players concerned on your side. But at least he has showed passion and committment and that is to be applauded.
  • Options

Stone said:

yeah, why doesn't every centre half just take the ball forward and try and take it round everyone?

One of bob's key philosophies is disciplined back 4. Now when your most experienced centre back breaks that for his own schoolyard personal glory you would be bloody fuming.

We have a young side and publicly slamming the most experienced player is probably a way of protecting them, because TBH has taken worse abuse publicly and can take it. Loving all the arm chair mourinho's saying it's "poor man management" etc etc. Give me a break.

See Red Robins observation: To be fair to Ben Haim, him and Bikey have been doing that all season and Bob hasn't criticised or discouraged them from doing it so far.

Just how far can you jerk your knees?
  • Options
    I agree it's not good for a manager to criticise his own player in public; it could undermine the player's confidence and anyway appears harsh and divisive. But Lennie Lawrence once publicly despaired of the whole team, to beneficial effect. After a particularly long and bleak winless run he told the press: "I've told the players I can't do anything more for them. I've told them I'm fed up with their excuses. I'm having no more ifs, buts, or hard-luck stories - they just have to win." And on the following Saturday we did, for the first time in four months.
  • Options
    i think it was very misinterpreted. i believe he means unforgivable in terms of the fact when you do something like that at the end, there is is no coming back. Football is a very unforgiving game.
  • Options
    Stone said:

Stone said:

See Red Robins observation: To be fair to Ben Haim, him and Bikey have been doing that all season and Bob hasn't criticised or discouraged them from doing it so far.

Just how far can you jerk your knees?
    but doing it in the final minute when we're under the cosh? Smacks of naivety from an experienced player.
  • Options
    I do think we are going over the top, with Bob's comments. This season overall he has been supportive of all his players, this is the first time he has "outed" one. If he keeps doing it then its a problem, once its an error of judgement. I am sure if TBH has a big problem with it then it will be sorted behind the bike sheds.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

I do think we are going over the top, with Bob's comments. This season overall he has been supportive of all his players, this is the first time he has "outed" one. If he keeps doing it then its a problem, once its an error of judgement. I am sure if TBH has a big problem with it then it will be sorted behind the bike sheds.

I don't think they're that way inclined.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

My money's on Big Bob.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Didn't they have a confrontation at the end of a match earlier in the season - Brighton away?
  • Options
    ^^^^^^ two bald blokes making a complete arse of themselves ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Didn't they have a confrontation at the end of a match earlier in the season - Brighton away?

Yes you could be right, after conceding an equaliser late on and for the second time to that lump Dunk up for a corner.
  • Options

Sometimes makes you wonder who the "manager" of the dressing room really is - I still give JJ enormous credit for keeping things together at the time of the Powell/Riga changeover.

That's why JJ keeps picking himself for the 1st team.

Because he can.

;o)
  • Options
    Bob would have thought it through before he made the comment. To sya what he did he would have had an agenda. He knows the players better than anyone