Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fair play Ipswich fans

Know they've had a decent start, but thought that was a excellent turnout yesterday given live on sky and ko time. We are hardly a new ground for them

Comments

• They are a well supported club and I can`t ever recall them bringing a poor turnout. Even during the Selhurst and Upton Park days they brought good numbers.
  • Going back to the old days at the Valley (Charlie Wright, through your legs) Ipswich have always had a good turnout, probably due to being one of their closest and most accessible away days.
  • Definitely, imagine how many we would have taken if it had been at their place !
  • Well we'll find out in a months time.
  • And seemed a decent bunch.
  • Great support, good voice
  • Had a beer with a couple after the game who couldn't believe their luck with the chances we spurned and were more than grateful for the 3 points.
  • Very good when you consider how empty the home ends were. Clearly a lot of ticket holders couldn't be bothered.
  • Brilliant numbers we'd need a lot of things and the wind heading in the right direction to get that support for an away live TV match
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Definitely, imagine how many we would have taken if it had been at their place !

Don't forget the price of tickets at Portman Road has always been substantially higher than at the Valley
  • It was a good turnout. I guess the early kickoff gives more time to hit the town afterwards before slumping on the train back home :-)
  • adrian said:

se9addick said:

Definitely, imagine how many we would have taken if it had been at their place !

Don't forget the price of tickets at Portman Road has always been substantially higher than at the Valley
    Just had a look at their prices. Away fans can expect to spend around £35 per ticket depending on the category and they charge upwards of £40 for a lot of adult tickets. Considering their average attendances are similar to ours as well as having a slightly larger ground than ours, that's obscene for 2nd tier football. Their attendance seems to be slowly dropping and considering they're the only FL club in the county, it's not like they suffer from having too few fans to court. Not really my place to be pointing out another team's issues but can't believe their ticket prices, it's cheaper to get a season ticket at the Etihad.
  • Cracking numbers and noise. Fair play.
  • adrian said:

se9addick said:

Yeah and they don't serve beer in the ground: Well that was the case the last time I visited.
  • Good club, good fans, good manager and it'll be well-deserved if they go up.
  • It'll be interesting to see/hear what the atmosphere is like at Portman Road, because when I was there two seasons ago I thought they were sub-Fulham in terms of noise created.
  • Uboat said:

It'll be interesting to see/hear what the atmosphere is like at Portman Road, because when I was there two seasons ago I thought they were sub-Fulham in terms of noise created.

It'll be over Xmas as well which may have an effect.
  • I thought the number was good but the noise was poor. Apart from the occasional hark now hear and of course for the goal they were very quiet with the amount of them there was.