Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

People pulling out of property transactions

13»

Comments

• Options

Sorry to hear you news Damo,
    Sounds like the owner feel he can get more for the house if he re:market's it.
    Probably not a good idea to go much below the market valuation at present, as seller's probably feel that they can get another buyer tommorow. I personally think the market is not quite as mad as it was a few month's back, but looking at houses in Charlton /Blackheath you would not think it?. Of course it is alway's a matter of what someone will pay, or not.....
    Sometimes you do feel that
    estate agents are the spawn of the devil?... but they will claim that the vendor demanded this, and they act on there instruction. Today's stamp duty changes will probably stoke up the house prices again..... In your father's position it really is a difficult one.

Fixed that for you Ken.
  • Options

Sorry to hear you news Damo,
    Sounds like the owner feel he can get more for the house if he re:market's it.
    Probably not a good idea to go much below the market valuation at present, as seller's probably feel that they can get another buyer tommorow. I personally think the market is not quite as mad as it was a few month's back, but looking at houses in Charlton /Blackheath you would not think it?. Of course it is alway's a matter of what someone will pay, or not.....
    Sometimes you do feel that
    estate agents are the spawn of the devil?... but they will claim that the vendor demanded this, and they act on there instruction. Today's stamp duty changes will probably stoke up the house prices again..... In your father's position it really is a difficult one.

Fixed that for you Ken.
    Very kind of you mate.......
    We need a sub editor on the trust news....... fancy it lad ( as they say oop North)
    Is it true they keep the coal in the bath?, and that it is still full of 'slag heaps', (no, I do not mean the pubs on a Friday night)
    No?..... Pity
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Our house goes through on Monday so I'm hoping this applies, would save me about £400!

Applies from midnight.
    Was just wondering if it applies from the exchange date (last Friday) or completion (Monday) though. I think (and hope) the latter!!

• Options

Dansk_Red said:

Our house goes through on Monday so I'm hoping this applies, would save me about £400!

Applies from midnight.
    Was just wondering if it applies from the exchange date (last Friday) or completion (Monday) though. I think (and hope) the latter!!

If you have already exchanged you can use either the old or new system which is most benifical to you.

• Options
    The solution to this exists in both France and Scotland:

When you agree to buy a property you sign an agreement with a 14 day cooling off period. After that if you pull out you have to pay 10% of the agreed price. So if you have agreed to buy a property for 200,000 and then you pull out, you have to pay a 20000 fine which goes to the seller (after some cuts for the estate agent and solicitor).
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Dansk_Red said:

Applies from midnight.

If you have already exchanged you can use either the old or new system which is most benifical to you.

Just seen on the news, cheers.

Very good news for me, saves us £410!