Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ian Mclagan RIP

Ian McLagan Keyboardist with the Small Faces has passed away.

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2014
    RIP. One of my fav bands, only Kenney Jones left now. He played with lots of the greats, stones etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    RIP Mac.
    Thanks for some great memories
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb75XdPSrGk
  • Options
    RIP. Another unsung hero.
  • Options
    No way! Mac and Bobby Keys both passing within hours of each other? A terrible day for the Rolling Stones and for music generally. Can't have even been 70 either....

Only Kenny Jones left now.

RIP Ian McLagan
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP, very sad
  • Options
    RIP. Great keyboard player.
  • Options
    RIP. Loved the Faces
  • Options
    Terrible news
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Part of my youth has taken a bashing this morning. Sad news. RIP
  • Options
    RIP Mac.

Small Faces buck Rock and Roll tradition in that only the drummer remains alive!
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Options
    Gutted - love his keyboard lines on Itchycoo Park, Tin Soldier etc. I played in a Small Faces tribute band in the mid 90s - his autobiography All The Rage was a great read as well.
  • Options
    Terrible new, RIP Mac.
    His autobiography All the Rage is brilliant, well worth a read.
  • Options
    A vital member of a very underrated band .. The Small Faces ... RIP
  • Options
    Very shocked and saddened by this news. He was only 69 and died from a head injury I believe?

I wanted to be in the Faces when I grew up. Still waiting to grow up and still waiting for that call - I guess it will never come now.

RIP Mac.
  • Options
    Thanks Lincs, so it was a stroke.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

Thanks Lincs, so it was a stroke.

a ridiculous name for a terrible affliction Saga L .. a gentle touch, an affectionate caress .. more like a hammer blow that is the number one cause of major disability in the UK and one of the major causes of death .. Ian M may well have also hit his head .. when I was in hospital with a minor stroke, my 'ward companion' had fractured his jaw and nose in the fall induced by his stroke .. all in all a dreadful business
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP

Love the Faces
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

Very shocked and saddened by this news. He was only 69 and died from a head injury I believe?

I wanted to be in the Faces when I grew up. Still waiting to grow up and still waiting for that call - I guess it will never come now.

RIP Mac.

you and me both ! great loss ,great musician ...gonna get the faces (especially early tracks) playing on my ipod tonight

Mac thankyou for the enjoyment and pleasure you gave me

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I have seen the Faces and The Small Faces a number of times back in the day. The Small Faces album Ogdens Nut Gone Flake is one of my favourite albums. Having Professor Stanley Unwin on it is genius.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I never saw the faces........ but they remain to me one of the groups that I wish I had.
    Wether with Rod, or Steve, they were a special band and this cover song is one of my favourites.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLhoLkTyNkM
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    All the rage is well worth a read if you were around at the time of the Small Faces and afterwards. Mac actually fell in love with Keith Moon's Missus. He Had a helluva life.
  • Options
    RIP legend
  • Options

Gutted - love his keyboard lines on Itchycoo Park, Tin Soldier etc. I played in a Small Faces tribute band in the mid 90s - his autobiography All The Rage was a great read as well.

cheers, didn't know about that - just bought it
  • Options
    I saw the Small Faces at The Iron Curtain club in St Mary Cray in early 1966. Friday night, packed to the rafters. Great night, in Mod heaven.