Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dr DJ Neil Fox

Yet another well known person to be investigated and arrested.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30386151

Used to listen to Dr Fox on Capital

(Apologies in advance if there is another thread)

Comments

• Options
    Listened to him on magic just before he was arrested. Very surprised.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Isn't he the one on Masterchef that isn't Gregg Wallace?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    No that's John Torode.
  • Options
    Let's hope he's not another crab.
  • Options
    I give this thread 12 hours max.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Yet another well known person to be investigated and arrested.....

Again.....
  • Options
    I have the idea that any and every male BBC/ITV/broadcast media personality from the early 1960s to the late 1990s could be investigated for rape/kiddy fiddling/under age sex/sodomy/bigamy or any combination thereof and that something amiss could be found if the digging went deep enough. Let's just pray that the blessed Attenboroughs, Dimblebys and dear old Terry Wogan don't end up having their collars felt by the vice squads
  • Options
    Without being controversial I think the press around these has tempted people to come forward with claims that, if genuine, should have, probably, been made a long time ago. I find it hard to be able to distinguish (ignoring anything that involved minors) between genuine 'sexual assaults' and what might have been considered acceptable behavior back when the 'events' occurred.

I'm not condoning it, but I suspect that many of these celebrities didn't have any idea that what they were doing was 'wrong' and I can't help but think that had someone said something a very long time ago they might have changed their behavior and, instead of having half a dozen people coming forward now, there would have been one a long time ago.

Clearly I know nothing about Mr Fox, but there doesn't seem to be any shortage of groupies that seem willing to 'offer services' to famous people and I can't help thinking that it is with hindsight, and a more modern outlook towards these things, that have tempted people to come forward believing that they were wronged, rather than them knowing it at the time and suffering in silence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Without being controversial I think the press around these has tempted people to come forward with claims that, if genuine, should have, probably, been made a long time ago. I find it hard to be able to distinguish (ignoring anything that involved minors) between genuine 'sexual assaults' and what might have been considered acceptable behavior back when the 'events' occurred.

I'm not condoning it, but I suspect that many of these celebrities didn't have any idea that what they were doing was 'wrong' and I can't help but think that had someone said something a very long time ago they might have changed their behavior and, instead of having half a dozen people coming forward now, there would have been one a long time ago.

Clearly I know nothing about Mr Fox, but there doesn't seem to be any shortage of groupies that seem willing to 'offer services' to famous people and I can't help thinking that it is with hindsight, and a more modern outlook towards these things, that have tempted people to come forward believing that they were wronged, rather than them knowing it at the time and suffering in silence.

Some of his alleged offences were in the 2000's and one is from this year though, so in Fox's case the "it used to be acceptable behaviour" doesn't really apply.