Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jamie day gone to Ebbsfleet

Bet welling drop like flies now. Hope they don't

Comments

• Options
    All depends who they appoint in his place.

Maybe do a swap and get Steve Brown in?
  • Options
    Powell should have held out - he'd have been brilliant over there
  • Options
    Damn

Appleton Pic-done
    Curbs 16/1-done
    Powell should have held on-done

nothing left to do now.

Admin u might as well close this thread now :-)
  • Options
    Gavin Rose?
  • Options
    GAVIN ROSE'S PINK AND BLUE ARMY
  • Options
    Cheers for the input paulie .

I believe welling have got ebbsfleet on Saturday in a cup therefore he won't take charge until after the game
  • Options
    Is it just a manager role or player/manager?
  • Options
    From The Ebbslfleet site:

The club announced today that 35-year-old Jamie Day has been appointed as first-team manager with immediate effect.

Vice chairman Peter Varney said, “The owner and the board opted not to advertise the role as having considered the potential candidates, they were unanimous that Jamie Day was the only candidate they wished to initially discuss the vacancy with. The discussions with Welling United have been amicable and we have reached a compensation package acceptable to both clubs and I would like to thank the board of Welling United for the professional manner in which they have conducted the negotiations.

“Jamie has done an absolutely brilliant job at Welling over the past five years and we believe he is the right man to bring success to the club. He will have the full backing of the owner to do just that. It is ironic that his first game this weekend will be a home tie with Welling in the FA Trophy. Jamie will, however, watch from the stand and let Daryl McMahon take charge of the team on the day.

“I cannot speak highly enough of Daryl. After the departure of Steve Brown, we offered Daryl the role of caretaker manager and he could easily have hidden behind the fact he is a player and not put himself in a position where he had to manage his teammates or – worse – make decisions that may upset them. He didn’t do that. He stepped up to the plate and made the decisions he thought were right for the team and the club. The fact he put himself in the position he did is a real measure of the man and don’t forget he also that he took on all of this extra responsibility whilst coping with the birth of his first child.”

No mention of a playing role...........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone unsure of the ambition of Ebbsfleet, we'll they've just taken a very respected current manager from the league above them.
  • Options

Anyone unsure of the ambition of Ebbsfleet, we'll they've just taken a very respected current manager from the league above them.

Bigger club though. Not only do they have bigger ambitions and money behind them, they also have a bigger fanbase. Averaging 1000 attendance, compared to Welling's 600ish (bumped up only when playing local teams such as Dartford, Barnet etc).

Like it or not, we have a potential monster on our doorstep..............
  • Options
    most annoying
  • Options

Damn

Appleton Pic-done
    Curbs 16/1-done
    Powell should have held on-done

nothing left to do now.

Admin u might as well close this thread now :-)

That's alright you'll get another opportunity next week.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Shame for Welling, recently pulled themselves away from relegation place with a distance of nine points.

Hope the compensation mentioned by Varney is sufficient enough for Welling.

I understand people mentioning size of the two clubs etc, but this wouldn't happen in the higher leagues (although I'm sure someone with better memory and knowledge will highlight this). A championship side signing a premier league manager.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

I understand people mentioning size of the two clubs etc, but this wouldn't happen in the higher leagues (although I'm sure someone with better memory and knowledge will highlight this). A championship side signing a premier league manager.

Nigel Atkins... Scunthorpe United (Championship) to Southampton (League One)...
    Eddie Howe... Burnley (Championship) to AFC Bournemouth (League One)...

;)
  • Options
    John Still....Daggers (League 2) to Luton (Conference Prem)
  • Options
    I think the only Division where you wouldnt see it happen is from Premier League to lower...

Most Managers see the Premier League as the pinnacle so cant see them giving it up that easily... Waits to be proven wrong
  • Options

I think the only Division where you wouldnt see it happen is from Premier League to lower...

Most Managers see the Premier League as the pinnacle so cant see them giving it up that easily... Waits to be proven wrong

Ian Holloway, Crystal Palace to the Job Centre.............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many times do you lot need telling , keep quiet about Ebbsfleet. When they become the Barcelona of north west kent they'll take all our fans.
  • Options

Ian Holloway, Crystal Palace to the Job Centre Freaks to the Scum............
    Fixed that for you mate.
  • Options
    Simon Grayson, Blackpool to Leeds.....
  • Options
    Apparently £70k a year salary swayed it.
  • Options

That must be more than the whole Welling wage bill.
  • Options

That must be more than the whole Welling wage bill.
    Fair play to Jamie, deserves what he gets.

5 years at Welling is 10 years at any another club.

• Options

Paul Jewell... Bradford (prem) to Sheff Wed (champ) 2000
  • Options

Paul Jewell... Bradford (prem) to Sheff Wed (champ) 2000
    MASSIVE mistake...........