Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA suspends Hereford United 'from all football activity'

Hereford United have been suspended "from all football activity" by the Football Association.
The club have "failed to comply" with a deadline to answer questions posed by the Independent Regulatory Commission's owners' and directors' test.
Having initially submitted documents, they were requested to send "further documentation" by Monday.
But they failed to meet that deadline, which also results in the suspension of majority shareholder Alan McCarthy.
Bulls chairman Andy Lonsdale told BBC Hereford & Worcester on Wednesday that he has taken over as majority shareholder at Edgar Street.
He has confirmed that the club's previous owners - Alpha Choice Finance - have transferred their majority shareholding to Lonsdale, who has promised a million-pound investment in the club.
"Having failed to provide the requested further documentation by the deadline, both Hereford United and Mr McCarthy shall remain suspended until such time as the order of the Independent Regulatory Commission has been complied with to the satisfaction of the Commission," an FA statement read.
"The FA understands the importance of football clubs to their local communities and will continue to work with all relevant parties to ensure senior football returns to Hereford at the earliest opportunity."
Hereford, relegated from the Football League in 2012 before being expelled from the Conference in June following non-payment of debts, stand 15th in the Southern League Premier Division. They are due to visit Dunstable Town on Saturday.
The club are expected to return to the Royal Courts of Justice on Monday, 15 December to contest their winding-up order. The hearing has already been adjourned eight times since June.

Comments

• Options
    but they can still attend Ballet lessons on a Tuesday
  • Options
    Charlton have played Hereford 9 times.

6 times in the league, winning 4 and drawing 2.

The only defeat, and last meeting, came in the league cup in 2009

Date Match Result Score Competition
    08 Sep 1973 Charlton Athletic v Hereford United W 2-0 League Division Three
    29 Dec 1973 Hereford United v Charlton Athletic W 2-3 League Division Three
    24 Aug 1974 Charlton Athletic v Hereford United W 2-0 League Division Three
    23 Apr 1975 Hereford United v Charlton Athletic D 2-2 League Division Three
    18 Sep 1976 Hereford United v Charlton Athletic W 1-2 League Division Two
    25 Feb 1977 Charlton Athletic v Hereford United D 1-1 League Division Two
    20 Sep 1989 Charlton Athletic v Hereford United W 3-1 Littlewoods Cup
    04 Oct 1989 Hereford United v Charlton Athletic W 0-1 Littlewoods Cup
    11 Aug 2009 Hereford United v Charlton Athletic L 1-0 Carling Cup
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    First they lost the racecourse. Now it could be the football Club.

Only thing left to go there for will be the Cathedral. And the sheep and cows of course.
  • Options

I was at the 2-2 23 APR 1975 Game.
  • Options
    Bugger, moving to the area next week. Nearest racecourse is Ludlow, so not too much of a trip.
  • Options
    sralan said:

Bugger, moving to the area next week. Nearest racecourse is Ludlow, so not too much of a trip.

new shopping centre there is pretty nice, and thank goodness they've got a cinema there now, the last odeon was a dive.

very pretty area though, whereabouts will you be living?
  • Options
    I know what answer I'd put my money on
  • Options
    sralan said:

Great another charlton life fan near by .don't worry it has an amazing Indian and it's only 3,1/2 hrs to the valley but at least the Midlands games are an hour on the train
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shame. I remember Richie Bowman scoring in our 2-0 win in either 73 or 74.
    We also went to the last game there in 09. We got lost on the Gloucester one way system on the way home.
    Round & round & round ;-(
  • Options
    Went to the 1.1 draw at The Valley in 76-77. Friday night game, they were bottom of the league I think and heading for relegation but we could only manage a draw. Loved Friday night games back then. Forest , West Brom and Southampton to name a few classics.
  • Options
    Went to the 1-0 win at Edgar Street in 1989. The home fans chanted 'At least we own the corner flags' on one occasion. Certainly, a step up from 'What's it like to have no ground'.
  • Options

sralan said:

new shopping centre there is pretty nice, and thank goodness they've got a cinema there now, the last odeon was a dive.

Presteigne.

• Options

sralan said:

Great another charlton life fan near by .don't worry it has an amazing Indian and it's only 3,1/2 hrs to the valley but at least the Midlands games are an hour on the train
    Looking forward to the rural life :-)

• Options

Went to the 1-0 win at Edgar Street in 1989. The home fans chanted 'At least we own the corner flags' on one occasion. Certainly, a step up from 'What's it like to have no ground'.

I went with ooh ahh, MCS' s brother and a couple of others by car. Went to a nice old pub but we were only in there for 5 minutes before it all kicked off. Went for a curry after the game and bought 2 bottles of mateus for the journey home. Stopped at services somewhere and was rolling a joint when a police car appeared from nowhere. Shat myself but they were just checking for people sleeping in the car park overnight.
  • Options
    sralan said:

sralan said:

Presteigne.

Lovely place Presteigne, Im nearer Bishops Castle.

• Options
    Worrying times for a club with a great history.....yet again a small club is crushed by the FA when their Premiership Clubs get away with murder. A complete joke......
  • Options
    edited December 2014

There weren't even the worst team we lost to that season...
  • Options
    sralan said:

Chepstow is not too far away, and worcester is close too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Work with the previous owner's son.
    We were discussing the absurdity that if one Premiership player donated 3 weeks wages, all problems would be sorted.
    Or if each club donated the change from the back of their sponsorship room sofa, the same would happen. Christ they wouldn't even notice it!

Weekly wages
    Wayne Rooney (extension £300,000
    Yaya Toure £240,000
    Sergio Aguero £225,000
    Robin Van Persie £225,000
    Luis Suarez £220,000
    Eden Hazard £185,000
    Mesut Ozil £180,000
    Fernando Torres £175,000
    John Terry £175,000
    David Silva £160,000
    Samir Nasri £140,000
  • Options
    Not a rare occurrence. They did that to us for most of last season...
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    From memory directly after the Roonie Radford goal, the mighty Darts went down their in the FA trophy and won 1 nil, wonder if you know who the goal scorer was for Dartford?
  • Options
    Classic quote from the FA - "The FA understands the importance of football clubs to their local community".
    Yeah, that's why it lets its bastard child, the PL, to piss on most of them.
  • Options
    Obviously stump you with my stupid question, the answer was Derek (killer) Hales, later to become the hero of the valley.
  • Options

Obviously stump you with my stupid question, the answer was Derek (killer) Hales, later to become the hero of the valley.

Really?
    When was that then?
  • Options

Really?
    When was that then?
    1972 I do believe.

• Options
    Badger said:

I was at the 2-2 23 APR 1975 Game.

Me too. It must have been a big match as I remember it was midweek and I drove there
  • Options

Sad but not surprising. Should never have been allowed to get to this stage.