Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Apparently, the Lords and Ladies enjoy Champagne (but only of a certain standard)

edited December 2014 in Not Sports Related
It has emerged that a proposal to save taxpayers some money by making peers and MPs share a catering department has been rejected “because the Lords feared that the quality of champagne would not be as good if they chose a joint service”.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/dec/07/champagne-house-of-lords-reform-taxpayer

Comments

• Options
    My wife , quite a few years back, worked as a chef in the Lords.
    The menu was a little different to the commons, rice puddings and such like were quite popular. There is a big age difference between the houses.
    Also the food and bevarage manager at the time (an Itailian chap, bloody nice man and honoured by the Queen) is a Charlton supporter.
  • Options

The menu was a little different to the commons, rice puddings and such like were quite popular. There is a big age difference between the houses.
    Also the food and bevarage manager at the time (an Itailian chap, bloody nice man and honoured by the Queen) is a Charlton supporter.

Rumour has it quite a few are partial to a bit of spotted dick.
  • Options
    Depends what end they're putting it in.
  • Options

Bloody uncontrolled immigration, can't even keep jobs in the Lords for British people nowadays.
  • Options
    My love of politions decreases...
  • Options
    Yeah you'd be a fool to love a polition