Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Aaron Barnes signs pro deal (ed. Sold to Col U)

13»

Comments

• Quality goal .... took a touch, looked up and keeper never stood a chance.
    Easily a 25 yarder.

That's his 1st senior goal? Really pleased for him.

• edited February 2018
    Oggy Red said:

Quality goal .... took a touch, looked up and keeper never stood a chance.
    Easily a 25 yarder.

That's his 1st senior goal? Really pleased for him.

I am not surprised its his first senior goal he is a 21 year old right back who has played few games.

What I am surprised about is the number of senior apperances he has made which according to wiki and flashscore is 4
  • Playing in midfield for Torquay isn't he?
  • sam3110 said:

Playing in midfield for Torquay isn't he?

Midfield, but can also play at full-back or center half, good loan signing for Torquay.
  • I know Aaron and he really is a top guy and comes from a really lovely, down to earth family. Will miss bumping into his dad on matchdays (as I'm sure several others on here will). He really needs to be getting some first team experience, so I guess it's the right thing for him to do at the age of 21 when you're not getting a look and it's pleasing to see that he has already been catching the eye in Torquay's midfield. I think he'll go on to have a good career.

Whenever I've seen him interviewed he seems like a very nice and clever guy. Everyone speaks very highly of him and his father.

As you say it seems like the best move for him. His contract here was up in the summer and didn't look like it was going to be extended, so hopefully a good move for everyone involved. He showed some real quality in preseason, and he's just unlucky that two really good footballing midfielders who can also cover at RB are ahead of him, plus not selling Konsa as mentioned earlier.

Good luck to him. I'll certainly keep an eye out for him. With his pace and athleticism and ability going forward I think he looks like he'll make a good modern fullback in the end. Seems like a player, as with KAG, where he just needs to play week in week out and we can't offer that to him.
  • Good luck to him