Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What is it like in your places of employment this week?

Mine is so bloody slow..... It's painful because as it is a sales role the activity on the old dog and bone is expected to be right up there, the boss is huffing and puffing every few minutes as it is so quiet. Yet trying to have a new business call when all potential prospects are busy trying to get everything they need to do done before their Xmas break is challenging.

I'm going to be reading a lot on here this week I think;-)

Comments

• Options
    Fucking banged out. As always and never enough competence to fulfill senior management's whimsical, idiotic desires
  • Options
    Yeah same as you @Cabbles.. I work supporting Recruiters and they're quiet so... Im quiet
  • Options

Yeah same as you @Cabbles.. I work supporting Recruiters and they're quiet so... Im quiet

It's the huffing and puffing I can't stand. I have had the fear of not being on the phone built into me from an early stage in my career, but sometimes you feel like you're just dialing for the sake of it. For those like @Carter who it is bang out for, I hope it goes well.
  • Options
    I've never know so many people to be collectively wondering if they'll have a job in the new year.
  • Options
    this week will be busy as a lot of people bugger off at the end of it for 2 weeks, I'll be here next week and in between xmas and new year so not too fussed as I'll catch up when it's dead
  • Options
    Where I work the load is off the scale.
  • Options
    Slow today as it is every year but gives me a chance to catch up on admin work ready to come back in the new year all up to date.
  • Options
    Dead and has been since the middle of last week. I work for a consultancy firm in Canary Wharf and everyone is in wind down mode as we're closed between Xmas and New Year. We still have to be in the office for the 8 hours though, so it is a bit dull.......would rather be busy!
  • Options
    I work for a Uni. We're normally very busy up to the last few weeks of December when the teaching term finishes and the overseas academics begin to head home for the Christmas period. That was last week so we're pretty much dead now. We're officially open until Christmas Eve then shut until the 5th Jan but took a couple of days leave to ensure my last day in the office was the 19th which gives me a nice well deserved two week break :)
  • Options

My colleagues in a sister business took on 10 or so new roles today. They're busy.

Train was rammed this morning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Business as usual. Last day off was over 4 months ago and done quite a few weekends in that stretch. Only booked the inbetween Monday off and already wishing I had more!

Expect every day to be normal up till lunchtime Xmas eve, but less meetings and shorter hours for the inbetween bit.
  • Options
    As busy as ever where I work.

Washing, ironing, cooking.............it never stops I tell yer.
  • Options

As busy as ever where I work.

Washing, ironing, cooking.............it never stops I tell yer.

Sorry forgot to mention punting too. The rest has to fit around that ;-)
  • Options
    Dead. Went to the pub at 1ish and just left. Same again tomorrow.
  • Options
    Slightly quieter today to be honest - hoping it stays that way and I can catch up a bit on housekeeping.

Christmas is lovely in our industry as there is pretty much a 2 week shut down at Christmas. Kind of makes up for the 11-12 hour days and taking a laptop on holiday wherever you go :-(
  • Options
    Noisy and dusty.
  • Options
    Really mental has been since the start of last month, as I work for a industral door firm, customers need to make sure they will be secure over the XMAS shut down, and boss a want to invoice before the shut down too, plus covering call outs and break downs as well
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Same as any other week for me really, take a few phone calls, reply to a few emails, go to the odd meeting and spend the rest of the time sat at my desk plotting the brutal murder of my line manager and the head of section. It's our Christmas bash tomorrow, can't wait..................to sneak off as early as possible and head back to my gaff to drink on my own. Couple of glasses of claret, nice hot bath, a few candles, Barry White playing faintly in the background and my Chris Powell interview compilation dvd on the telly, decadent bliss!

Great post!
  • Options
    Work for an insurance broker and a lot of our big accounts renew on the 1st of January so pretty busy at the moment.

I have most of Christmas off with the family so looking ahead to that and all the other good stuff like parties and football coming up rather than letting my workload worry me......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty quiet at ours. All projects now omnhold until the new year so just the day to day stuff which is tailing off. Seeing the who on wed then off thur & fri.
  • Options
    Heading off over Europe from tomorrow, was only Holland at first but now it includes Belgium,

We don't slow down till after the 22nd but we don't kick back in until the 6th