Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Well I am lucky tonight

Wife got home this evening and smelt burning plastic, went into the garage and I watched as our washing machine flickered and then burst into flames, while I phoned the fire brigade. Within minutes the fire brigade were here and put it out. If she had come any later our garage would have gone and our bedroom above.

Can't thank the fire brigade enough!

Comments

• Options
    Glad you caught it Kap!
  • Options
    Bloody hell glad you caught it in time .As you say could been a lot worse
  • Options
    Proline, FFS.

Now when you get your insurance payout, don't be so tight and buy a decent make..........;-)
  • Options
    I was in the brigade and had numerous shouts to domestic appliances going up. Tumble dryers were a favourite. Also most people don't know that if you put them on and go out most household insurances wont cover you should they get hot and go pop!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Presumably, the washing machine was "on" when it burst into flames ?
  • Options

Presumably, the washing machine was "on" when it burst into flames ?

It was on when it started smoking, I had unplugged it before it burst into flames
  • Options
    Why is the wife more than ten metres away from the kitchen and white goods?
  • Options
    Powell should have waited, he'd have been good there

Oh wait not this time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why is the wife more than ten metres away from the kitchen and white goods?

• Options

The wire hanger 6/4
    The white peg 2/1
    The De-Icer 5/2
    Michael Appleton 4/1
    Alan Curbishley 16/1

Seriously, glad you're all ok Kap

2/1 on, the mouse. The traps haven't worked and as the peanut butter is missing from one I think the mouse took it into the machine for a quiet feast.

Seriously, glad you're all ok Kap, just get a better mouse-trap.
  • Options
    I had a bad break up with an ex and had to change the locks, she pestered me for months. Proper nut case. My washing machine was making a loud clunking noise about four months after she had left and I called a repair man out.

Had to take a days holiday to wait in for him. When he got there he found one of her hair clips in the machine and that was it. Proper pissed me off knowing she had caused it haha!

Oh and the straw that broke the camels back. It was when Millwall won the playoffs, she went out with a mate and bumped into some of their team and sent me a picture of her and some players. The locks where changed the next morning.