Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Queen To Abdicate?

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2014
    PL54 said:

Why have you dug up a 2 year old Tweet from one of the most obnoxious cocks ever to draw breath?
    Because I can?

Keyword search: "Prince Afghanistan Democracy Frankie Boyle"

That must be a very small hole I've "dug"
  • Options

The concept of having a royal family is quite absurd though isn't it. Even the term "Your Highness" just think about it. If it wasn't so serious it would be hilarious.

We've got to have some sort of system - we couldn't call Chris Powell "Sir Chris" without it and Charlton Life would crash and burn as a result. Would be like when Blackadder got poo-pooed.
  • Options
    If we must have a Monarchy, then let's put every ones name in the hat.
    and you get a years contract. Being a history buff i can assure you that the present lot have had
    more skeletons in their cupboard than 10 rillington place.
    A British Royal Family: look up their family tree.
    another oxymoron.
  • Options

PL54 said:

Why have you dug up a 2 year old Tweet from one of the most obnoxious cocks ever to draw breath?
    Because I can?

You must be some bad-ass, out-on-the-edge, driving change, rebel-in the-hood person.

Respec

• Options
    PL54 said:

PL54 said:

Because I can?

You must be some bad-ass, out-on-the-edge, driving change, rebel-in the-hood person.

Respec

• Options
    These royalty threads warm up quite quickly, don't they.
  • Options
    Royalty, politics, the new bird on countdown threads, it all kicks off on CL when the heavy hitters pile in.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

And whilst we're at it let's also disestablish the CoE which now has no place in exercising power in the running of a secular society.

You can't disestablish the CofE because Betty is our sovereign down to her divine right, and the clergy have to keep the lines of communication open.

• Options
    seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

And whilst we're at it let's also disestablish the CoE which now has no place in exercising power in the running of a secular society.

You can't disestablish the CofE because Betty is our sovereign down to her divine right, and the clergy have to keep the lines of communication open.

Also the CofE doesn't really have any power, apart from the occasional bishop suggesting that society should be more honest and caring, which I have to admit I'm okay with.
  • Options
    my idea of how the one year monarchy would work.

2015 Queen Fanny Fanackapan and Duke, Her husband of course.
    2016 King Soapy Jones and Queen Rachel Riley

I don't think soapy would last the year but at least he would die with a smile on his face.
    They may have trouble getting the coffin lid on.

Two royal families who are British. Is that allowed ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Queen Paulie
  • Options

Rumours circulating that the Queen is to announce her abdication during the Christmas speech.

Probably a load of tosh but, if you managed to get 100/1 on the Queen's speech being the best watched programme at Christmas, you will probably have the best Christmas ever if she does!

Mrs Brown's Boys with 7.61m is the show the bookies are paying out on. However, this will be contested by some punters as the Queen's speech pulled in 5.71m on BBC plus 2.11 on ITV making it the most-watched broadcast.
  • Options
    Mrs Brown's Boys?! No accounting for taste.
  • Options
    What is Mrs Browns Boys? Is it supposed to be a comedy?
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with what we have

QSTQ
  • Options

Rumours circulating that the Queen is to announce her abdication during the Christmas speech.

Probably a load of tosh but, if you managed to get 100/1 on the Queen's speech being the best watched programme at Christmas, you will probably have the best Christmas ever if she does!

Mrs Brown's Boys with 7.61m is the show the bookies are paying out on. However, this will be contested by some punters as the Queen's speech pulled in 5.71m on BBC plus 2.11 on ITV making it the most-watched broadcast.
    Think this is worth a complaint to IBAS (the bookmaker Arbitration service):

theguardian.com/media/2014/dec/26/abdication-rumours-queen-claim-christmas-day-tv-ratings-throne

Especially as it's worth four figures to some of us ;-(
  • Options
    Uboat said:

seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

Also the CofE doesn't really have any power, apart from the occasional bishop suggesting that society should be more honest and caring, which I have to admit I'm okay with.
    They've got 26 bishops in the House of Lords, that's 26 too many for my liking. Given that 1.5 times as many people attend league football per month as participate in the C of E's offerings, perhaps the FA and the Football League should share 39 Lordships between them as football is clearly more important to people than genuflecting.
  • Options

Does this concern the same (ahem) British Royal Family a.k.a. The House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha ? The Great War was a mighty conflict but fair play to the Royals - they managed to keep it all in the family. Beats me how they all fell out with each other - could all have been settled over a nice game of crocquet (loser pays for the drinks - winner gets/keeps Alsace-Lorraine). Pity Victoria wasn't still around - she'd have sorted the job out in five minutes.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

If we must have a Monarchy, then let's put every ones name in the hat.
    and you get a years contract. Being a history buff i can assure you that the present lot have had
    more skeletons in their cupboard than 10 rillington place.
    A British Royal Family: look up their family tree.
    another oxymoron.

Could say the same about A Charlton football player. Look where they were born.
    Don't get your point.
  • Options
    This could get interesting.
    A woman says she was forced to have sexual relations with prince Andrew in London, New York and on a private Caribbean island owned by Epstein.

The accusation is contained in a motion filed in a Florida court this week, which is part of a legal case over how federal prosecutors handled the case of Epstein.

The court document, first reported on by Politico Magazine, alleges: "Epstein also sexually trafficked the then-minor Jane Doe (a name used in US legal proceedings for people with anonymity), making her available for sex to politically connected and financially powerful people.

"Epstein's purposes in 'lending' Jane Doe (along with other young girls) to such powerful people were to ingratiate himself with them for business, personal, political, and financial gain, as well as to obtain potential blackmail information."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mrs Windsor's boys.

You Royalists believe what you want.

The royal Mafia have in the last few years gone into overdrive to keep the lid
    on this Prince Andrew story(under age sex) plus the selling of his house for 3 millions more than the asking price, to a Kazakhstan billionaire president's son-in-law via an offshore companies for Sunninghill park. It was left derelict.

There is just so much stuff on Andrew, he must be the Teflon man.

As for Charlie boy,
    He drove Diana mad by carrying on with Camilla,
    Then is a good mate with the Pedo Jimmy Saville and go to parties in his cottage!
    who was checking the girls ID, the royal protection team ?

Know very little about Edward so don't slag off for the sake of it.

I'm not naive to think that if you have a President you don't have issues. When people have that much power they feel they are above the law.

• Options
    The way that the original story went from a front page scandal to complete silence was disturbing. The powers that be will pay whatever price the Americans ask to kill this.
  • Options

I don't think soapy would last the year but at least he would die with a smile on his face.

I'm very touched by this fantasy, sam...and believe me, I haven't been touched too often in recent years.

You have obviously noticed that Mr F/Duke of Roseberry always walks a minimum of 2 paces behind me.

He knows his place.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Queen Fanny and Duke of roseberry, that's agreed then.

I will tell my republican friends that they will have to bide their time.

you can't live at
    Buckingham PALACE

Must be CHARLTON house.
  • Options

Thankyou for the thought. You may not be surprised to hear that I have had many a wet dream in that direction...
  • Options
    That proves what a wonderful Forum CL is,
    One moment serious, one to one,
    Then Soapy jones joins in and it turns into a mass debate.
  • Options
    Sepp Blatter for Queen. Then perhaps we will host a future World Cup