Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

coming off the last bend of the race and we're sitting on the

shoulders of the pack...time to kick for home...blackburn here we come...

Comments

• Options
    I'm actually finding it hard to be positive although that could be because i'm hungover. But Blackburn and Spurs are 2 very good sides and we've done nothing in the last 4 games against lesser sides to suggest we can get 4-6 points from our next 2 games. Midfield isn't creating anything, Ambrose was shocking, Bent is clearly not fully fit and needs help up alongside him.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    we've lost one game in the last 8, and that was by a last minute goal...they may be good sides, but so are charlton...and if you've got doubts, take a look around, every team in the pl is finding the going tough at the moment...our last three games are all winnable, even the liverpool one, especially if they beat chelsea and reach the cl final...4500 charlton fans at ewood park next saturday will make the difference and the players will not have the 'home' pressure weighing down on them...3 points may well be all that's needed to keep us up on though i think 4 more likely but a win on saturday and we'll follow that up with another against spurs with the pressure off...we are going to win...we are going to stay up
  • Options
    The wins when they come, could be the ones you least expect.

Still plenty to play for
  • Options
    "But Blackburn and Spurs are 2 very good sides..."

Blackburn have lost SEVEN home games (one more than us) and are only 10th because they've won 5 on the road.

As for Spurs, they have won only three away games all year and lost eight, compared to ELEVEN wins at White Hart Lane. Away from home they have conceded 30 goals as well, not far off two goals per game.

They're decent sides, yes, but they are not Chelsea or Man Utd and we can certainly take points from them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]The wins when they come, could be the ones you least expect.

Still plenty to play for

I'm half expecting Watford to get a result at Sheff Utd next Saturday. The pressure's off them and the manager will want them to go out on a high. Sheff Utd might be a little more relaxed seeing as they managed to avoid defeat at the Valley.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    i was saying something similar earlier to somebody about watford probably winning next week...its not unknown for teams that are finally relegated to suddenly find a bit of form because the pressure's off/players need new contracts/players want to get noticed...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]"But Blackburn and Spurs are 2 very good sides..."

They're decent sides, yes, but they are not Chelsea or Man Utd and we can certainly take points from them.

Of course we can! Okay, Blackburn and Spurs CAN be very good sides.

But look at no hope West Ham - they went to Blackburn and fluked a win.
    And West Ham should have beaten Spurs - 2-0 up and then surely 'should' have won, going ahead in the 86th minute.

If West Ham can scare the sh*t out of these sides, then if we're up for it, so can we.

All to play for.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]shoulders of the pack...time to kick for home...blackburn here we come...

Whilst I so desperately want to share the optimism, and will be there doing my all for the cause at Blackburn, I think we are looking for a minor miracle. In your athletics analogy, the winner has to have the strength and pace to kick for home -in the last few games our players have looked very tired: the fight seems to have gone out of them, they are lacking energy, and/or carrying injuries. I hope they can prove me wrong and find that kick from somewhere...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    Whilst I so desperately want to share the optimism, and will be there doing my all for the cause at Blackburn, I think we are looking for a minor miracle. In your athletics analogy, the winner has to have the strength and pace to kick for home -in the last few games our players have looked very tired: the fight seems to have gone out of them, they are lacking energy, and/or carrying injuries. I hope they can prove me wrong and find that kick from somewhere...

Three out of the last four games have either been six pointers or expected win games. We could easily have got a draw against a top eight team but for a last minute goal. We now play two decent teams and we are underdogs. I think the team will be more focussed. They are not going to be easy but are they as difficult as the next two games Fulham have, or the last two games West Ham have?