Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

southeastern trains for cardiff @ home

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'll be boarding said 161 in Eltham.Three points would be nice please.
  • Options
    Apparently there is free parking at Ebbsfleet on Boxing Day, so it would be possible to train it to Stratford and DLR to North Greenwich. Not sure what the fare from Ebbsfleet to Stratford is, but probably cheaper than a parking ticket near the Valley?
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Apparently there is free parking at Ebbsfleet on Boxing Day, so it would be possible to train it to Stratford and DLR to North Greenwich. Not sure what the fare from Ebbsfleet to Stratford is, but probably cheaper than a parking ticket near the Valley?

I get the High Speed from Gravesend / Ebbsfleet to Stratford quite often... Unless its been dropped for Boxing Day its usually £30 return
  • Options
    Only high speed service is Ashford to St Pancras and vice versa
  • Options
    I presume you mean the jubilee line
  • Options
    Which stops at Ebbsfleet and Stratford.
  • Options
    All buses running a Sunday service.
  • Options
    Absolute bollocks - always got the train to games on Boxing day back in the day, no trains, piss poor, inexcusable imo
  • Options

Absolute bollocks - always got the train to games on Boxing day back in the day, no trains, piss poor, inexcusable imo

Was a long time ago when trains run on boxing day, wish they still did now.
  • Options

Boarding in Mottingham.
    Like most bus travellers lets studiously ignore each other.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Literally no excuse for it. Traffic wardens have to work, football stewards & caterers have to work, even the underground is open. At the end of the day they're running an important public service and should be legally obliged to provide 365 days a year service.
  • Options

Boarding in Mottingham.
    Like most bus travellers lets studiously ignore each other.
    Don't forget to leave fried chicken bones all over the floor of the bus as well.
  • Options
    It's not the drivers fault, this solely rests with senior management at Southeastern, who think they can't a penny on the metro routes, but can on the high cost HS service
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Rothko said:

It's not the drivers fault, this solely rests with senior management at Southeastern, who think they can't a penny on the metro routes, but can on the high cost HS service

Might be Eurostar traffic, in which case they are only running over the section of line already open, i.e. no extra signalling staff required.

There has been a limited Boxing Day service via Charlton in the recent past to cover the football, maybe for two or three years, but for whatever reason they have since reverted to nothing, which had been the situation since the mid 1970s. Agree it's bollocks.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Maybe should have considered playing this game on a Friday instead.
  • Options
    It's Friday today.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

It's Friday today.

I reckon they should try a couple of games on a Friday night as an experiment though.
  • Options
    Don't see why the games today couldn't have been moved to tomorrow as there's better public transport.

Also most teams are playing on Tuesday so no different to other Saturday/MIdweek fixtures.

• Options
    I remember when my Dad's Xmas present to me was driving me to Selhurst on Boxing Day to see us play Palace, waiting and driving me back. And then he did the same for me and some mates for Norwich away in our promotion season under Lennie. Lost both of them!
  • Options

Been like that for years.

Shows how much attention I show