Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cardiff away advance purchase train tickets

Great Western have released tickets now starting at £18.50 singles, as always this is before any railcard discounts.

Get in quick for the outward journey as only the 7.45 and 11.45 are at this price, the next price being £22.50.

Coming back there are plenty of trains at the £18.50 price.

Comments

• Cup weekend, don't purchase until both teams fates are known.
  • Cup weekend, don't purchase until both teams fates are known.

I was going to say oh f*** it but that round is the 1/4 finals so should be okay. Other than that it looks like going to a new ground elsewhere!
  • You can also travel by coach, yes I know you cannot drink beer on them but they are cheap.

Megabus out from Victoria 8.30 is £3 and coming back with National Express on the 19.00 is £9

The 8.30 arrives at 12.20 and coming home back in London at 22.20
  • Hmm Cardiff still in cup. Don't much fancy having a day out in Cardiff without football.
  • The only away game of the season where living in the west country is not a huge pain. How many do we reckon we 'll bring to this?
  • Sods law that the way things stand that the two away games which fall on FA Cup weekends, those two teams are in the Cup. Wolves and Cardiff. Where as the two home games which fall FA Cup weekends, those two teams are out the Cup. Brentford and Leeds.
  • Hmm Cardiff still in cup. Don't much fancy having a day out in Cardiff without football.

Agreed, but not reckoning they will get through the next two rounds.

Cardiff is quite a nice place, you could get a non-league game in if the worst happens with our game being off.

Cardiff is quite a nice place, you could get a non-league game in if the worst happens with our game being off.
    My away match companion actually visits a lot of non-league grounds, any idea who is close to Cardiffs ground?

My away match companion actually visits a lot of non-league grounds, any idea who is close to Cardiffs ground?
    I live right by the ground so i could give some advice if the date is changed. As for other games going on it's poor. Newport and Merthyr both away that day.
    Horse racing at Chepstow is a good day out. Or a visit round the famous castle. A trip to the world's oldest record shop. You could visit the building where the world's first million pound deal was struck.
  • edited January 2015

Hmm Cardiff still in cup. Don't much fancy having a day out in Cardiff without football.

Fixtures only released until the 18th January for the Welsh Premier.

If Port Talbot are at home only 1/2 hour by train from Cardiff. I'll do that myself if our game goes down the tubes.
  • Sponsored links:

• call me insane but booked yesterday on the 10.45 up and the 18.25 back £45.00 pp without railcards.

if anything at least its a ground I've never been.