Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derek Hales - Legend

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
Nice to have a chat with him in the oak after the game again.

in his words: "bent was shit, thomas was shit. my cock moves faster than him, even at my age."

me and curb_it cracked up!

Comments

• Options
    I'm absolutely gutted I missed him after the game!! Carlsberg text me and told me killer was there but I was in Chatham by then!!
  • Options
    What a Legend!
  • Options
    Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiller
  • Options
    meet him before the game (signed some smaller versions of the big flag for me) and on the pitch. Wouldn't wait for Abba to finish and went on the pitch in front of the covered end before his was meant to. Steve Sutherland was not impressed. :-)
  • Options
    ha ha ha
  • Options
    I was amazed by the number of people around me asking who that old bloke was on the pitch!

I'm not talking about youngsters who would not necessarially know but blokes of an age to have seen him play!
  • Options
    I asked him to attend the Demezla House, Charlton Life day to mingle around a bit. He has promised he would as long as he can get out of school on time, he works with my mate so am forwarding on the details to him to pass on. Dont think he will let us down.
  • Options
    Someone from here asked where it had gone wrong on Saturday, to which Killer replied "We bought that Hasselbaink on didnt we"

Legend
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I was amazed by the number of people around me asking who that old bloke was on the pitch!

I'm not talking about youngsters who would not necessarially know but blokes of an age to have seen him play!

Same here Len. I was totally embarrassed when I told a bloke next to me, STH in his late 50's I'd say.
    I think it says a lot about our real hard core support. I still maintain that only 13/4k of our 19/20k STH are CAFC.
    Young Chirps (11) spotted him and nudged me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]meet him before the game (signed some smaller versions of the big flag for me) and on the pitch. Wouldn't wait for Abba to finish and went on the pitch in front of the covered end before his was meant to. Steve Sutherland was not impressed. :-)

Really don't understand this post.
    Why would Killer wait for a bunch of miming idiots to finish before acknowledging his fans and what the **** has Mr Sutherland's feelings got to do with anything?
    Take your corporate hat of Henry, you're losing touch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    you missed the smiley again, chirps :- )

The idea was to give Killer the stage on his own and not to have to share it with Abba.
  • Options
    his son is a bit handsome. not that i noticed, one of my friends pointed it out.
  • Options
    Yeah, saw his son. Well fit.

Not sure if it was Leigh the ex-youth team player.
  • Options
    i believe he did play so might have been him.
  • Options
    think it was. he was enjoying as much female attention as much as his dad!

tho, got told a funny story of a guy who some here may know who got a bit on his nerves.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]you missed the smiley again, chirps :- )

The idea was to give Killer the stage on his own and not to have to share it with Abba.

Make that- Lost touch.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]you missed the smiley again, chirps :- )

Make that- Lost touch.

Is it your time of the month Chirps? you've been quite normal recently.
  • Options
    Sorry,but I really don't think you see things the way everyone else does.
  • Options
    Does Leigh Hales still play?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Sorry,but I really don't think you see things the way everyone else does.

Everyone else? Are you speaking on behalf of ALL TRUE CHARLTON FANS.

Just giving a little background info. Thought it was quite funny seeing SS's face as Killer went totally off script.

Still he likes the flag and signed our copies of them. Just need to get them framed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was going to ask whether he likes the flag
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]Does Leigh Hales still play?

think he has had a lot of injury problems
  • Options
    Henry, you don't have a spare copy by any chance?
  • Options
    Yes we do have a spare copy which we shall be auctioning on E-bay to raise funds for more flags.

Only 6 ever made and hand signed so must be worth £100s if not £1000s

We may try to get a limited edition of smaller one's to sell for £75 if there is demand.
  • Options
    £75 - for a bit of plastic and a signature???????????
  • Options
    yeah you are right, too cheap £100 to you.
  • Options
    Oi Henry - when are you going to sort out the queue for the gents at half time in the Upper West???

I almost had to go in me flask on Saturday.
  • Options
    and what about the stupid lack of gas in the foster's pumps so there was no lager being poured for about 10 mins in the north upper. second time i've seen that happen now. the staff shouldnt get that abuse but then it shouldnt really happen should it. people were getting very very angry.
  • Options
    bottled beer is the answer.

Off -it - if you can't hold your drink :- )
  • Options
    Holding it is not the problem.