Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Army of support

Aside from the league one title winning side, the last 7 years have been hard going watching our beloved team. After the bright start to the season we are now facing a harsh winter and the number of defeats this season is almost equal to wins.

Hell I hardly go away anymore so I can't comment on tonight's performance or other recent away games for that matter. What I do know is we have some talent in the team. People point to BP's lack of managerial experience and a reliance on a certain way of play that recently hasn't been getting results.

I know every single one of us does and will continue to do so, but we need to get behind that team more than ever. They've got it in them and the 2nd half against Cardiff showed that passion and fight we want to see. As mentioned I'm not going to offer an opinion on tonight, I wasn't there. Just going by twitter and the stats it sounded like we had a go.

I think that's all we ask as supporters is for the team to give it a go. I don't know if it is the modern state of the game but I worry more about the future of my club than I ever have done. Sure we faced going out of existence during the 80s, but in today's money driven game we, like many other clubs, rely on a benefactor willing to run the club at a loss.

RD has bought the club. I believe he has a direction and wants success. I hope he adds to the squad in Jan because we look a little battle worn. This thread literally is being written because I want us to do all we can to get behind the team as we go into 2015 in the same way we got behind the boys at the back end of last season.

Don't get me wrong, everyone is entitled to vent in frustration. I just want to rekindle some of that buzz from the back end of last season and the start of this season.

Keep the faith. Roll on Blackburn then Brighton, a big game.

Comments

• Will Bob be given time, or will Jose Riga be shipped in, nothing surprises me anymore?
  • Will Bob be given time, or will Jose Riga be shipped in, nothing surprises me anymore?

Who knows mate. I hope BP gets time, I think he's doing a decent job with what he has, just needs to find that winning combination again.

Perhaps I misread the sentiment on here tonight, seems a lot of people aren't happy :(

I don't blame them after a defeat, I just wanted to instil a bit of positivity
  • Charlton fans always back the team. I don't ever really recall a venomous atmosphere against owners, players etc. Its just not really the type of fanbase/demographic makeup that does that sort of thing.
  • "I'm not going to offer an opinion on tonight" - ok, I will, it was rubbish !
  • Fair play to you Cabbles for attempting to lighten the mood and it's a good point you have made. I also think it's crucial we all get behind the boys and whatever manager we have, because they need us.
  • It is up to the team to inspire the crowd - not vice versa.

Too many home matches where the ball is constantly played into the centre circle and back to the keeper, so it can be booted upfield and gifted to the opponents.

This pattern of play does not get the crowd excited.
  • It is up to the team to inspire the crowd - not vice versa.

Too many home matches where the ball is constantly played into the centre circle and back to the keeper, so it can be booted upfield and gifted to the opponents.

This pattern of play does not get the crowd excited.

I agree. But I remember the Cardiff game 2 seasons ago when we won 5-4. We went 2 down and were playing shit. But after the 2nd goal went in the crowd rallied.

Like I said I'm not saying we don't support them or get behind them, I just fear the recent run of results, coupled with a few of the comments re: BP on the other threads suggests the next few games could be difficult atmosphere wise.

Certainly against Brighton though I agree we need BP to send that team out swinging. I think Derby and Watford at home were the only 2 home games this season I thought, 'we've gone for it, right from the off'