Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Well at least Bromley FC and Celtic have something to celebrate

Bromley have secured a place in the Ryman Premier League Play-offs where they are on course to play AFC Wimbledon in the one-off game semi final (home advantage to higher finishing team which is Bromley at the moment). On top of that they are also in the London Snr Cup and Kent Snr Cup Finals

The Bhoys won their 5th title in 7 seasons and are now only 10 titles (41) behind Rangers although Walter Smith looks likely to make it far less easy next year.

Comments

• A one off semi final - what's that all about. Why don't they play home and away like most other leagues?
    Welling United have totally ballsed it up in the last 3 weeks and now look likely to miss out on the play offs.
  • FC Elmstead won the Bexley League U12 Cup. They beat Blackheath Wnds 2-0 last Sunday. An exceptional win. Blackheath were runners up in the London Cup this year and FC Elmstead beat the London Cup winners, Glebe, in the Bexley semi final.
    Chirps Jnr was the first to keep a clean sheet against Blackheath Wndrs since they started 11 a side football 2 years ago.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]A one off semi final - what's that all about. Why don't they play home and away like most other leagues?
    Welling United have totally ballsed it up in the last 3 weeks and now look likely to miss out on the play offs.

I think it's a good way to do it. Part time players so less time off work etc, it gives a real advantage to the team finishing higher up the table over the season and makes it an exciting result on the night game.
  • Congrats to Bromley, the title could still be there's though, fingers crosed.

As for Celtic, they have the title on loan. ;)
  • [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]FC Elmstead won the Bexley League U12 Cup. They beat Blackheath Wnds 2-0 last Sunday. An exceptional win. Blackheath were runners up in the London Cup this year and FC Elmstead beat the London Cup winners, Glebe, in the Bexley semi final.
    Chirps Jnr was the first to keep a clean sheet against Blackheath Wndrs since they started 11 a side football 2 years ago.

Well done to Chirps Jnr. Is he still training with my Nephew at Charlton?

My little 'uns team won 3-0 away to Purley Panthers U8s. Played well in Midfield and passed the ball. Moved back to defence to man-mark their centre forward and was rattling him (hand in the back, etc). I nearly had a row with the strikers dad who was shouting "shake him off" and miming an elbow in the face action. As it was Purley most likely a palace fan.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite]Congrats to Bromley, the title could still be there's though, fingers crosed.

As for Celtic, they have the title on loan. ;)

Can't see Hampton and Richmond blowing it as they have a game in hand and bottom club Slough at home last game of the season (Bromley beat Slough 8 - 0 last week)

On loan? must be a 25 year mortgage then :-)
  • C'mon on AFC Wimbledon, beat those Palace fans
  • And SC Freiburg are just one position outside an automatic promotion place in Budesliga II having lost their first game since mid-December to Carl Zeiss Jena yesterday.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving

Well done to Chirps Jnr. Is he still training with my Nephew at Charlton?

quote]

Well Chirps Jnr is still there so I guess so.
  • I will be cheering one of my local teams, Billericay, if they make it to the play offs.

Should be Chelmsford (basically Canvey's conference side from last season), Bromley (Palace), Wimbledon (Man Utd of non league) and little Billericay.

Come on Billericay.
  • Sponsored links:

• I have a soft spot for Margate. I think they will miss out though:-(

Mike Flanagan is involved down there by the way for those interested.
  • edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I have a soft spot for Margate. I think they will miss out though:-(

Mike Flanagan is involved down there by the way for those interested.

You're full of soft spots Len. You big pudding!! ;-)
  • More Millwall fans/replica shirts on display than Palace at Bromley games.
    FACT
  • [cite]Posted By: PalaceHater[/cite]More Millwall fans/replica shirts on display than Palace at Bromley games.
    FACT

Makes it morally worse FACT
  • If you say so.

Have a feeling a possible Bromley Dons playoff semi final could be pretty entertaining. Judging from both the encounters this year.
  • [cite]Posted By: PalaceHater[/cite]If you say so.

Have a feeling a possible Bromley Dons playoff semi final could be pretty entertaining. Judging from both the encounters this year.

Indeed. Crowd of 1460 on Saturday and would have been a lot more if Charlton hadn't been at home.

Bromley beat Billericy 1- 0 on Saturday and with a little luck Margate will take the last play-off place off AFC We'retoobigforthisleague : -)
  • or AFC "Its never our fault" Norbiton ;-)

People are talking that if it is it could be all ticket. Cant see it happening myself as the game is scheduled for next week. The Higher a team finishes they get the home round. Should Brom finish 2nd then they will get both the semi and possible final at Hayes Lane.

Could see a play off final easily being a sell out mind.
  • Will have to try and meet up with you at one of the games.
  • Oi Henry - where is Bromley???
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Oi Henry - where is Bromley???

Imagine somewhere with no people like you : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• What, you mean it's a bit like the Antartic? That figures I suppose.