Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations Linvoy Primus...

MBE for services to charity and football.

Comments

• Options
    Will never forget that goal against the Blades in Pardew's last game. But for the next 4 goals it could have meant something
  • Options
    Great stuff, Linvoy !

• Options
    well deserved
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Will never forget that goal against the Blades in Pardew's last game. But for the next 4 goals it could have meant something

we talking the 5-2 defeat? Primus didn't play in that did he?

• Options
    Wasnt he mom on his debut on itv Sunday game the big match was it v Luton?
  • Options

think it was against birmingham at upton park on a sunday
  • Options

Yep. Bizarrely I remember going with Jamie Stuart to that one. Think we must have had a sunday morning game first.
  • Options

It was. I was there that day and delighted for him. A real shame that injury blighted his time with us, although we got to see more of him later in his career during the loan spell.

Really pleased for him getting this award. Always came across as a nice unassuming lad and has obviously been doing a lot of good work outside of football.
  • Options
    morts genius brother of MCS lobbed his inflatable haddock at Salmon(i think it was) who was in goal just before kick off .... i have it on vhs somewhere in my pile of Charlton gumpf
  • Options
    I remember Linvoy as a young player, his charming parents would turn up to see him every time he played at Sparrows lane and elsewhere. I saw them outside the Boelyn before Linvoys first game, a televised 0-0 draw with Birmingham where Linvoy got MoM, from memory I don't think Linvoys folks knew he was starting that game, and I was very happy for them. He was coming through the ranks with Richard Rufus, and in hindsight you have to wonder what a pairing they would have made in subsequent years, but Linvoy moved on.
    Clearly a good guy, and I imagine his current recognition is well deserved.