Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football on New Years Day

Never been a fan and happy we are not on today.

Anyone taking in a game today?

Comments

• Options
    The mighty Biggleswade Town away at Arlesey Town today. The mid Beds grudge match.!
    Come on The Waders!
  • Options
    Not a fan of new year and always think that footie is the best best thing about it. Disappointed we're not playing this year. Not tempted to watch anyone else though.
  • Options
    I hate new year's day and if there was no football on tv today I would struggle to get through it. Glad we don't have a game though.
  • Options
    Going to West Ham v West Brom.
  • Options
    Might pop down to PVR to watch Welling v Dover.
  • Options
    Dulwich v Leatherhead for me. £4
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    seth plum said:

Dulwich v Leatherhead for me. £4

Any chance of a match thread? :)
  • Options

Might pop down to PVR to watch Welling v Dover.

We've got a slight role reversal in our housetoday. My daughter wants to go to Welling but we've got my mum coming over. First time it's not me doing the pestering!
  • Options
    Watching the American coverage of the Premier League, it's pretty good, every time there's a goal/incident they go straight to that game - a bit like the Red Zone NFL coverage we get here.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Watching the American coverage of the Premier League, it's pretty good, every time there's a goal/incident they go straight to that game - a bit like the Red Zone NFL coverage we get here.

What channel is that on?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got it...."breakaway live" on nbc sports
  • Options

Got it...."breakaway live" on nbc sports

That's the one - pretty good
  • Options
    Very good, thanks for that.
  • Options
    Some decent games, look forward to MOTD tonight.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Dulwich 4-1 Leatherhead
    Att 1163

Stacey Long was number 10 for Leatherhead
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Dulwich 4-1 Leatherhead
    Att 1163

Stacey Long was number 10 for Leatherhead

Ouch he's dropped down after being @ League One with Stevenage only a few years ago
  • Options
    Harrow Boro v Hendon 2-2 and nobody got attacked in the bar. Crowd 234.
  • Options
    I went to Sutton United vs Wealdstone today, half because I wanted to watch a game but the other half being that I wanted to meet the raider.

Game was boring and no celebs in sight.
  • Options
    How many are we expecting on Saturday?
  • Options
    10,000 I'd guess
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not totally on topic, but can I just say, stick it up your arse, Chelsea!
  • Options
    Citeh top of table as it stands.
  • Options
    re The Spurs V Chelsea game. slight offside situation re Costs's goal - deemed not offside as he didny touch the initial shor, but in my mind in should be flagged offside as he is then in that position to tuck away the rebound,

I wonder when someone will start leaving a player all alone next to their oppo keeper in the old "goal hanging" mode of playground footie & then let someone have a shot from distance & let him feed off any rebound etc.
  • Options
    From the BBC - what's not to like?

Prospective Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew saw the London club claim a goalless draw in a turgid encounter with Aston Villa.
    There was precious little excitement during 90 largely chanceless minutes at Villa Park.
    Villa created more opportunities, with Christian Benteke and Alan Hutton both testing Julian Speroni with shots.
    Palace had the clearest opening, but Yannick Bolasie struck the crossbar after breaking past the home defence.
    Pardew - who is on the verge of taking the Palace reins from caretaker boss Keith Millen - will have been pleased with his potential new charges' discipline and determination, but will also now be aware of the serious work he has to do to keep the London club in the top flight.
    Palace remain in the bottom three despite this draw, which extends their winless run to eight matches, dating back to the 3-1 home victory over Liverpool on 23 November.
  • Options
    Chelsea getting a tonking.
  • Options

Chelsea getting a tonking.

Bet it's the fault of the officials & all the other Prem Clubs ...

• Options
    What a crap 2015, no New Years day tonking for Palarse!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

10,000 I'd guess

The home ends will be quite full if that many turn up
  • Options
    se9addick said:

10,000 I'd guess

About 6k I reckon.
  • Options
    Remember going straight to Selhurst from a NYE at Zens and a house party still wearing smart shoes trousers and collared shirt. Drew nil nil with Blackburn I think in an awful match. First corner was about 85th minute.