Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I fear that the Hamsters

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
are going to get out of it.

Bolton and Wigan are both winnable for a team with the desire and that would give them 38 points.

Despite the unfortunate tendency of some to try and rewrite history and rubbish Curbs, one of his great strengths as a manager is winning the IMPORTANT LEAGUE GAMES even if his cup motivation largely consisted of something like "a Premiership side will win it why not us?"

I see Watford, Charlton and Wigan as the bottom three. I cannot see us getting anymore than two draws at best from our last three games which won't be enough. Wigan will lose to Wet Spam and Sheff Utd.

I desperately hope this post comes back to bite me on the bum but I fear it won't.

Comments

• Options
    we need a win and a draw ideally so I am hoping whatever the whammers do won't be enough, if we can't manage that we are doomed anyway.
  • Options
    i've got horrible feeling in my stomach every time i look at the table or read posts about "if'" and "coulds"

i was fine on saturday till people started talking about it in the pub then the butterflies started. i was fine after the game saturday and tried to cheer up others. I didn't think about it yesterday as was out, busy and didn't see any football.

today, i'm thinking about it a whole lot more after reading a paper, and i must say, i'm very very nervous. I'm not looking forward to blackburn. I didn't give up when we lost to fulham on that monday night, i didnt' give up when we lost at reading away, as i know people were dropping in confidence with every point dropped. I didn't give up when we lost at everton, or when we drew the week before.....but after this weekend, i'm find it hard to not prepare myself for what might happen!

please someone let the sun come out and brighten up mine and everyone's mood today, i can't bear feeling like this for the whole week!

(seeing pics of m.bent in the paper enjoying himself and obviously not giving a monkeys doesn't help mood either)
  • Options
    I think West Ham will drop points at Wigan, and get stuffed last day
  • Options
    It would be gutting if we got above one team only for West Ham to go above us and it is a possibility; all we can do now though is wait and see what happens at the weekend.

It's one game at a time - we HAVE TO win one game, probably two, so the Blackburn game is the most must-winnest game for a long time.

Let's beat Blackburn and then see cookies have crumbled elsewhere.
  • Options
    West hams problem is beating the other teams down there with them (much like our problem), and Wigan will be well up for it, knowing that a win will see them virtually safe.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite] I didn't give up when we lost to fulham on that monday night, i didnt' give up when we lost at reading away, as i know people were dropping in confidence with every point dropped. I didn't give up when we lost at everton, or when we drew the week before.....but after this weekend, i'm find it hard to not prepare myself for what might happen!

Hey Suzi, if you've already been through the depths, despair and sheer hopelessness of the first half of the season, no reason to give up now.

We ain't dead yet. There's bound to be a few twists and turns yet.

Just hang in there. ;-)
  • Options
    Sorry Len, I can't agree with you on this one.

Wigan are a really tough bunch to play up there even though their overall home record is poor they have lost a lot of close games at home which makes their record look worse than it should be.

Heskey, Folan and Camara will really batter the Spammers at the back in the air and I can see a repeat of the Sheffield United result for the Spammers.

Don't forget that West Ham's two away wins at Blackburn and Arsenal were REALLY flukey and they should have lost both games heavily.

They might beat Bolton at home, although even that will be a very tough match given Bolton's strike power, but they will obviously get stuffed at Man United meaning they can really only finish on 36 points maximum with a draw at Wigan and a win over Bolton, both of which would be tough.

Besides, even if they do win at Wigan that is not so bad for us as that would put Wigan RIGHT in the shit because they would then have to beat Boro at home to make sure they did not need a win at Sheffield United on the last day.

So, I think West Ham, despite a brave effort, are 80% gone already whereas we are probably 55% down given that we have a crucial extra point and better goal difference.....
  • Options
    And the points deduction or has that now been swept under the carpet now they have a chance of staying up?
  • Options
    Doesn't the hearing on that take place next week?
  • Options
    not sure - someone said 26 April which is this week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]not sure - someone said 26 April which is this week.[/quote]

As far as I know...that's the correct date, unless it has been changed.

But...there'll be an appeal if they are docked points and that will drag the process on further.
  • Options
    its a mess and the FA don't clear up messes, they just leave it and hope that it goes away
  • Options
    shoulda been resolved yonks ago, particularly with the possible relegation issue in mind, could be very unfair to whammers or other clubs involved...
  • Options
    then again, IF we are to go down I'd rather West Ham not be there also, they will throw absolute wads of cash everywhere, we'll never compete.
  • Options
    I have never ruled West Ham out and make them favourites over us to get out of it.

I think they will win at Wigan, their run against the bottom sides cant go on for ever and once they have done that the momentum will carry on against a Bolton side who blow hot and cold.

I have us, Watford and Fulham dropping.
  • Options
    Also Man U losing a few points recently plays into our hands, come the last game of the season chances are they will have to beat West Ham in order to secure the EPL title, so it's not a game they can take lightly and play at half speed with an eye on the FA Cup and maybe European Cup final. So I can't see WH getting anything from that which leaves West Ham with two games.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]I have never ruled West Ham out and make them favourites over us to get out of it.

I think they will win at Wigan, their run against the bottom sides cant go on for ever and once they have done that the momentum will carry on against a Bolton side who blow hot and cold.

I have us, Watford and Fulham dropping.

Cheers, Southend, that'll help.

Why are some of us so desperate to give up?
    Is it, that if we do go down, you can go round and tell everyone that you were right all along?

We are down the bottom for a reason but other teams around us are no better - and their confidence is also ripped apart by the pressure and tension.

It's mental strength that will count now.

The teams that keep their nerve stay up.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    And we've lost only one game in eight.
  • Options
    not worth worrying about the others any more .... if we beat Blackburn then we will probably stay up.
  • Options
    Will it really make any difference what I say on here, get a grip.

The only game I see us getting any points out of is Spurs, and that wont be enough.

That doesnt make me desperate to give up, just being realistic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2007
    What about hope
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]are going to get out of it.

Bolton and Wigan are both winnable for a team with the desire and that would give them 38 points.

Despite the unfortunate tendency of some to try and rewrite history and rubbish Curbs, one of his great strengths as a manager is winning the IMPORTANT LEAGUE GAMES even if his cup motivation largely consisted of something like "a Premiership side will win it why not us?"

I see Watford, Charlton and Wigan as the bottom three. I cannot see us getting anymore than two draws at best from our last three games which won't be enough. Wigan will lose to Wet Spam and Sheff Utd.

I desperately hope this post comes back to bite me on the bum but I fear it won't.

I'm sorry Len, I like you......but get a f***in* life!
    Wigan will murder West Ham, absolutely murder them. Just check out your precious Curbs record in the NW of England.
    You obviously haven't looked at Fulham, they have Arsenal and Liverpool as their next two games. Liverpool rested players on Saturday and still walked all over Wigan. Wigan are a much better side than Fulham at the moment.
    West Ham will lose to Wigan and Man Utd meaning that their maximum number of points they can get is 3 more, and that is from Bolton. Bolton do NOT lay down for anyone.
    Please take off your Curbs tinted glasses Len.
    The three teams relegated from the Premiership this season will be Watford, West Ham and Fulham. FACT!
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    What about hope

saturday has zapped all hope out of me, i'm a grim realist myself this morning. hopefully the niave optimism will be back in force by thursday cos i don't want to feel like this on a coach trip to blackburn!
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Chirps, if you're right nobody will be more pleased than me!

On reflection Ormiston might! Top Man for making that journey.
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited April 2007
    Thats why your one of the top posters on here Len, anyone else would of bit, i know i would of. Top stuff dood
  • Options
    I think West Ham have a good chance, I quite wanted them to stay up (with us of course) but after all the abuse I got on Saturday after our result, I'd be quite happy to see em drop so I can get some revenge abuse in.
  • Options
    Whatever will be will be.

Portsmouth fans would have felt as rough as anything when we beat em at the Valley, West Brom fans the week after playing us got stuffed at home, and could have jacked it all in.

3 games left, loads of twists and turns to come.
  • Options
    What West Ham have done is won 4 out of their last 6, they know how to win, we have drawn too many recently, it is that which causes me concern, they could just as likely win 2 out of 3 games.

If we both needed 3 points on the last day who would you put money on, WHU to get them at MAn U or CAFC to get them at L'pool..... heart vs head

Overall what I would like is for Wigan and Fulham to lose their last three and for both us and the Hammers to get out of it.

Watford, Wigan Fulham to go down would be an unbelievable outcome
  • Options
    I felt 5 points might be enough before Saturday, 3 from SheffU, 1 each against Blackburn and Spuds - all that's changed is that we need 3 against blackburn to get the 5. It's not over yet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Latimer[/cite]

If we both needed 3 points on the last day who would you put money on, WHU to get them at MAn U or CAFC to get them at L'pool..... heart vs head

Us, United will want to relegate West Ham, and wrap up the title