Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Computer issues.....

Hi all...

Does anyone have any ideas how I can download a video recorded on an iPad to a laptop? I've tried it via iTunes, Dropbox, Email but all to little effect. Alternatives would be appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• If you have gmail, you get google store. Just upload to the cloud, then download onto the pc.
    Otherwise you an external drive/memory stick.
    How big is it?
  • I'm not sure a external drive will work with an iPad.

What happens when you try emailing the attachment? What happens when you plug your ipad into a computer/laptop?
  • Upload it to a social media/networking site or to the iCloud.
    Facebook/Youtube will work.

Upload to either of these and then simply save the video onto your laptop.
  • Attach the iPad to the laptop, look in 'my computer' or 'computer' depending on the version of windows, then open the iPad in explorer and then copy and past it to your Laptop.
  • Attach the iPad to the laptop, look in 'my computer' or 'computer' depending on the version of windows, then open the iPad in explorer and then copy and past it to your Laptop.

Might need to view hidden files. I know you used to with iPods but I gave up on apple years ago.
  • When I email it, windows media player says that it does not support the type of file, presumably because it is Apple. The videos are between 2-5 mins
  • install vlc player, windows media player is pants
    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html
  • Ok thanks Absurdistan, just to check, its not going to bring any viruses etc to my laptop?!
  • Not if you grab from supplied address which is their own website.
    It's an open system project which manages nearly all codecs and file formats.
    Can install on most platforms to.
  • Brilliant, thanks