Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup Cliches

I've had my fill this weekend. Yes it's a great competition and one I would've loved us to progress in, but the level of chat from BBC's pundits is beyond belief.

Every 2 mins one of the pundits has to say 'what a great competition it is and how much it means' still. It's almost as if they are justifying why they are showing it. Ever since Man Utd decided that year not to participate and Premier League teams fielded younger/squad players, it seems that the TV panelists have been tripping over themselves to talk it up. It doesn't need it.

Then there's the lower/non league sides that believe just because they are the underdogs, it gives them a right to kick lumps out of the teams above them. That challenge the guy from Blyth Spartans made on Zigic yesterday??? But it's all part of the FA Cup and because they're 7 tiers below, it's okay, he can break his knees.

Then the interviews after the game. Polite pleasantries from the managers of the big teams. 'We were really up against it today, they pushed us all the way etc'. This is regardless of whether or not the score line was tight or they got thumped. I'm just ranting but Lawrenson actually said that for the first 40mins y'day Gateshead looked like the Premier team and WBA the conference team.

And then to top it all off, the BBC decide to show us Arsenal vs Hull.

Comments

• Options
    To make it more exciting. All teams including premiership all start in round 1.that way non league teams can make a few quid.that could keep them going all season
  • Options
    If you listen to mark lawrenson commentate then your gana be pissed off.

• Options

To make it more exciting. All teams including premiership all start in round 1.that way non league teams can make a few quid.that could keep them going all season

Agree.

Would be a much better all round cup.
  • Options
    They bang on about David vs Goliath, the magic of the cup then decide to cover all Premiership games.

On Tuesday, BT have Everton against West Ham, hardly a massive Premiership game, why not cover Birmingham/Blyth nearly an upset there.