Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Back to work tomorrow

Had 2 great weeks off and really not looking forward to it.

"Monday Morning Meeting" - freek off.

Comments

• Me neither. Watching The Sting, last film of the holiday
  • Hating the prospect tomorrow
  • edited January 2015
    Iv'e Been working throughout Christmas and new year. now off for ten days

* He says smugly
  • Just a load of bollocks really isnt it.
  • All the festive cheer of the Blackburn away league defeat, the Boxing Day draw with Cardiff, the defeat at Ipswich on the 30th and yesterday's cup exit just fade into the memory. Charlton's Xmas period 2014/15
  • Just another day closer to retirement ...
  • Worked in between Xmas and new yr went in to the office Friday and Saturday Monday is the second week back
  • edited January 2015
    Back tomorrow as well. Missed it but that's because I don't have to schlepp up to town cattle class to work for a load of rich feckers making rich feckers more rich anymore. Ain't got a pot now but, it is local and it involves helping vulnerable people. Looking forward to it.
  • _MrDick said:

Just another day closer to retirement ...

agreed. Just the 19 years to go ...
  • Going back to work is a state of mind, just be thankful you've got a job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Never had more than just the odd day off at Xmas. I feel fed up about going in tomorrow after the weekend so gawd knows how I'd feel if I had a fortnight off
  • ..and Charlton's next big cup win.
  • Had two weeks paternity up until Christmas Eve and then office closed until tomorrow.

So basically first day for nearly a month. And no sleep since baby was born.

This is going to be painful.
  • edited January 2015

_MrDick said:

Just another day closer to retirement ...

and death.
    That's the spirit Arthur, bang on the money.

roll on Saturday for a little bit happiness...
  • Thought I was going back tomorrow night after having 18 days off so wasn't to fussed today only to get a phone call at 5 saying that I've got the desk job I've been after and to be in the office at 9 in morning, cheers for the early warning.
  • I now have the satisfaction of working because I want too, rather than because I have too. Started drawing a couple of pensions early and have a little job in a warehouse to keep the dogs in grub and the holidays paid up. Looking forward to getting back a little after two weeks off, but there's no pressure now it feels so different.
  • 16 days absolutely flew by.
    Back to the joy of rush hour traffic tomorrow.
  • I've been working all through xmas holidays. Got Monday and Tuesday off.

Suckers.
  • Sponsored links:

• I have to say I'm dreading it in the morning. The alarm clock is set for 5.30 and as usual it's going to be really hard for me to sleep through it what with all the noise the Mrs makes getting ready for work.
  • Some of us work EVERY day and did so over the whole Christmas period.
  • By 1030 it'll be like we were never away
  • edited January 2015

..and Charlton's next big cup win.

And when we reclaim our FA Cup.

...68 years and still waiting.
  • Riviera said:

Some of us work EVERY day and did so over the whole Christmas period.

Drinking beer is not working !
  • edited January 2015

Riviera said:

Some of us work EVERY day and did so over the whole Christmas period.

Drinking beer is not working !
    If only, the days of a landlord drinking are long gone. Not only am I a personal licence holder, I'm also the holder of the premises licence but more importantly I am the Designated Premises Supervisor and therefore enjoying the goods I sell is simply not an option.
  • Back to Southeastern train mess. A cancelled train and then someone taken ill on the next train. A great start before the London Bridge mess.
  • edited January 2015
    Yep cos someone taken ill is thetrain networks fault...
    :wink:
  • And I had such shit night's sleep as well. Typical. This is going to be a horrible week
  • massive struggle today.