Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Neil Adams Resigns As Norwich Boss.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Sounds like the stress and anxiety of the job has got to him.

Agree. It may well be that he has found out, the hard way, that he just isn't cut out for the top job. If so, good on him for recognising it and stepping back into a support role for which he is better suited.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    ffs, I lumped on Bob after reading the Luzon thread.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Live in Norwich and it seems he had it coming for a while and as previously stated, following the Charlton game in particular. They have a phone in on Radio Norfolk (no, not Alan Partridge!) directly after each game. If you ever want cheering up have a listen - it's absolutely priceless! The presenter recently stated that John Ruddy was the best English keeper currently plying his trade in any league in England!! As for some of the callers - it's one of the reasons why I love living here!! Funny as!!
  • Options

Live in Norwich and it seems he had it coming for a while and as previously stated, following the Charlton game in particular. They have a phone in on Radio Norfolk (no, not Alan Partridge!) directly after each game. If you ever want cheering up have a listen - it's absolutely priceless! The presenter recently stated that John Ruddy was the best English keeper currently plying his trade in any league in England!! As for some of the callers - it's one of the reasons why I love living here!! Funny as!!

Love listening to the phone in. Some blinding comments.
    I remember a couple of years ago when Neil Adams was on the phone - in some old boy said. I think Eeeewan Rooberts should be playing on the wing.
    To which Adams calmly pointed out to the bloke that Ewan was best employed in the middle scoring goals.
    Very entertaining.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Even weirder maybe... Going for the Hamilton Manager? (No offence to them of course)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30714385
  • Options
    That is very strange. Not many sensible clubs in this division. Surely Mike Phelan would be a less risky punt?
  • Options
    http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city-fc/bookies_make_scottish_manager_alex_neil_shock_new_favourite_to_become_next_norwich_city_manager_1_3908275

Surprising when you have Phelan "line up" in the club already. They're obviously hoping for another Paul Lambert, though Lambert had a far great playing pedigree

Curbishley 50-1 incidentally :-)

• Options
    Considerable consternation across Norfolk today. This email from my Norwich City nut of a brother in law.
    "A question that is being asked across city and county this afternoon. If someone hadn’t come up with the line before. I would have described him as ‘not even a household name in his own household!’. Would be a very brave appointment but, in many ways, so was Lambert".
  • Options

Considerable consternation across Norfolk today. This email from my Norwich City nut of a brother in law.
    "A question that is being asked across city and county this afternoon. If someone hadn’t come up with the line before. I would have described him as ‘not even a household name in his own household!’. Would be a very brave appointment but, in many ways, so was Lambert".

Lambert was successfully managing a club in the same part of the world and same division as Norwich, that had just beaten them 7-1, so was far less of a risk. And a former Champions league winner
  • Options
    Winning the champions league as a player doesn't make you a good manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Daren Eadie former Norwich City winger said that Lambert was respected by the players because he had won a Champions medal.
    Loads saying they prefer Neil Warnock in the short term or Karl Robinson long term.
  • Options
    Hamilton Academical manager Alex Neil has called a meeting with the players to inform them he is leaving to become Norwich manager, according to Sky sources.
  • Options

Hamilton Academical manager Alex Neil has called a meeting with the players to inform them he is leaving to become Norwich manager, according to Sky sources.

Neil is 33 and has been very successful in Scotland .. could he emulate Eddie Howe in the 'boy wonder' stakes ? .. However, Neil has been at Hamilton as player/player manager for nigh on 10 years, he will know the 'Accies' inside and out .. he is taking a huge step in taking on a big club with very high expectations
  • Options

Neil is 33 and has been very successful in Scotland .. could he emulate Eddie Howe in the 'boy wonder' stakes ? .. However, Neil has been at Hamilton as player/player manager for nigh on 10 years, he will know the 'Accies' inside and out .. he is taking a huge step in taking on a big club with very high expectations
    Sounds very similar to when Eddie Howe left Bournemouth for Burnley...
  • Options

Sounds very similar to when Eddie Howe left Bournemouth for Burnley...
    it does indeed .. perhaps he'll be back at Hammy soon (presuming he ever leaves in the first place) and will get them into Europe ((:>)
  • Options
    I can agree that playing at the top level, winning the champions league etc will earn the players respect but it doesn't mean they will be a successful manager. Look at Roy Keane, Tony Adams, Paul Ince.
  • Options
    Mike Phelan's gone as first team coach now. Presumably because the new guy wants to bring in his new man.