Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE BLACKBURN GAME

OK, I have a special announcement to make.....

As some people on here may have seen I have lived here in Brisbane, Australia for the last 10 years and have only seen my beloved Addicks play three times in the flesh since I came out here.

Well, desperate times call for desperate measures and having despaired at the Blades result at 1.45am here on Sunday morning I have made a decision: I am coming to the Blackburn game at Ewood Park.

I am self-employed and have a very understanding wife so there are no problems there, so my plane ticket is now booked and instructions issued to my cousin to get us some tickets and put some petrol in the car because we are heading north.

A big decision, yes, but the right one without a doubt because I came back for the Play Off final in 1998 and I really feel this game is as big as that one was and if I can make just 0.00001% difference by being there then I will do it.

So, Henry, please tell Pards that if he wants to give the boys a minor lift that he can tell them that I still have enough faith in them to spend a couple of thousand bucks and spend 48 hours on a plane because I still BELIEVE in that Charlton spirit.

See you all at Ewood Park and COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Well done, Ormiston. Someone put him on the list

Top Man
  • Options
    thats the spirit!
  • Options
    That is bloody excellent. Well done mate.

Henry, forward this to Pards defo.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite] Henry, forward this to Pards defo.

definitley should send it on!
  • Options
    fair play mate....good effort.
  • Options
    put's some of our other 'fans' to shame. Well done mate and I'm sure you won't have a wasted journey.
  • Options
    Just been sent on to Pards direct.

Well done Tony.

Ben
  • Options
    Top man - the club should arrange that if we win you are allowed on the pitch to celebrate with the players & staff.
  • Options
    he'll never past immigration at heathrow...'i see you've just flown in from australia, how long is your intended stay ?'...'one day'...'and what is the purpose of your visit ?'...'i've come over to drive to blackburn to see charlton play there, but its ok, my wife understands me'...
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    someone sort him out free tickets as I doubt the Club will pay his fare.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Just been sent on to Pards direct.

Well done Tony.

Ben

he should pass on a copy to every player before the game.. maybe it will Gee them up!
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I suggested just that to him but I'll wait to see what if any response I get. I've contacted the press office and Peter Varney as well but let's give them a chance to respond.
  • Options
    He should be introduced to the players before the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    top stuff.. keep us informed!
  • Options
    get it up on the mainsite!

it might guilt a few people into actually going who live in England!
  • Options
    Well done that man!!!! As someone who cant get to the game through personal reasons, I doff my cap to you sir!!!!!

Henry - Do what you can mate, it doesn't take a marketing genius to put this in the public domain, even if you start by emailing all the local newspapers, they love stories like this!!!!

Ormiston - Have you contacted any of the media, papers, sports programs etc. in Oz?

Now we HAVE to win!!!!

I can hear the chants now, ORMISTON, O O O, ORMISTON O O O HE COMES FROM BRISBANE OZ, HE REALLY GIVES A TOSS!
  • Options
    well, you will all be able to go up and give him a kiss .... as "I am a 34 year old 6ft 2in 17 stone former amateur boxer with a face like a busted arse and a shaved head"..

or is that just your average looking charlton supporter?
  • Options
    Nice work Ormy, you should be knighted! It'd defo get on motd 2 if someone would email them?
  • Options
    Brilliant effort Ormiston.

We would love to get you on the charlton Plus radio show so drop me a line/whisper and we can organise something if you would like to do it.

Brian
  • Options
    Well dne Ormy- Serious Respect.

Make sure you enjoy it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Top Man Ormiston!

I hope the players find out about this and react accordingly.
  • Options
    Top man, as bibble says I can't go but would love to and am not a homer plastic but lack of money and work dictate that I shit out.

If that can't inspire the players I don't think anything could.
  • Options
    Inspired? You think some of these players care how much money/time is spent on going to watch them?
  • Options
    Bring your missus as well mate and drop her off at Diss
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Inspired? You think some of these players care how much money/time is spent on going to watch them?

[cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Bring your missus as well mate and drop her off at Diss

i was actually gonna ask one of you 2 how Diss was?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Inspired? You think some of these players care how much money/time is spent on going to watch them?

You're right. But if Pardew can put the fear of god into them that they can share a supporters coach home if they don't be inspired we could strike the right chord.

Or should I take the rose tinted glasses off??
  • Options
    Well it will be in at least one local paper column this week :-)

I think it is up to Ormiston as to how far this goes but I've put the press office in touch with him and i'll let then take it from there.

Don't worry about the press team. They know a good story when see one and how to spread it.
  • Options
    Well done mate - superb - as others have said on here.it puts some stay-at-home supporters to shame.

Good on ya'
  • Options
    This Ormiston sounds like a right glory boy to me. Doesn't show up for years then comes out of the closet for the big games and the press attention.

Only kidding!
    ;o)
  • Options
    I notice he's only coming over now it's autumn/winter time in Brisbane and it was over 20 degrees on Saturday !!

Must be freezing in Brizzy now...

and Blackburn is historically warm at this time of year.

So it's clear he's just coming over to top up the tan. simple...