Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Spurs & Arsenal Ban Selfie Sticks

There is another post on here that has been running over seelfie sticks. But I thought it was worth starting a new post as Spurs and Arsenal have banned them and they will be confiscated if they are taken into the stadium on mtach day.

Comments

• Options
    It will be pencil cases next :)
  • Options
    Good. That pleb who took it in the East Lower with him against Chelsea deserved to be beaten with it.
  • Options
    shows the kind of support they now attract
  • Options

There is another post on here that has been running over seelfie sticks. But I thought it was worth starting a new post as Spurs and Arsenal have banned them and they will be confiscated if they are taken into the stadium on mtach day.

Are you Paulie in disguise are you Paulie in disguise

• Options
    As long as fans who have them confiscated are allowed to collect them from a clubs' main reception after the game otherwise it's going to cause new troubles if they are not allowed to take it home with them.
  • Options
    Haven't Man U banned ipads from being taken into the ground
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Wouldn't surprise me.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Yes, they did halfway through last season for security reasons IIRC

• Options
    What was that crap Ipswich fans were doing with the flashes on their phones midway through the second half last week?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2015
    I find it really hard to understand why clubs keep banning things that some people may enjoy and that are completely harmless to those around them.

Football has matured in the last 10-15 years. Can clubs really not trust people with a plastic stick?
  • Options
    Selfie sticks will probably be banned on planes. But then again it's difficult to stretch your arm out on a plane let alone a selfie stick. But you have to make sure your phone is in flight mode.
  • Options

I find it really hard to understand why clubs keep banning things that some people may enjoy and that are completely harmless to those around them.

Football has matured in the last 10-15 years. Can clubs really not trust people with a plastic stick?

I don't think its a trust issue - more the causing an issue to other fans enjoyment of the game. Imagine being sat behind someone with that in your way the whole time.

With live events they are just that, live. You have paid money and you are there to see them live, so why sit trying to get what is usually crap quality video/audio from a smartphone?
  • Options
    Shame for Arsenal fans, surely there is more atmosphere in the picture than stood there at the stadium?
  • Options
    Kent_red said:

I don't think its a trust issue - more the causing an issue to other fans enjoyment of the game. Imagine being sat behind someone with that in your way the whole time.

With live events they are just that, live. You have paid money and you are there to see them live, so why sit trying to get what is usually crap quality video/audio from a smartphone?
    I understand that it could hinder other peoples views of the pitch if the person who owns one is sticking it up in the air every two minutes. Perhaps, however, a bit of common sense could prevail. Why can't a steward wonder over and just ask them to stop?

Some people may like to go to a ground and take a picture of themselves with the stadium behind them, not during the game, but before, during HT or after. They may want to stick it up in the air after a goal is scored to get a recording of the celebrations around them. Both of these things, and I'm sure there are countless examples of others, are completely reasonable actions which Spurs & Arsenal no longer allow. Why can't we just use a bit of discretion and stop needlessly banning everything?
  • Options
    It's a football match, those things are not reasonable at all. It's not possible to use the things without interfering with other people.
  • Options
    If you haven't got a friend to take your photo then it's fair enough that you should not be photographed. Am I being harsh?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's a football match, those things are not reasonable at all. It's not possible to use the things without interfering with other people.

is that what they're using them for?

i'm not surprised they have banned the bloody things!
  • Options

Kent_red said:

I understand that it could hinder other peoples views of the pitch if the person who owns one is sticking it up in the air every two minutes. Perhaps, however, a bit of common sense could prevail. Why can't a steward wonder over and just ask them to stop?

Some people may like to go to a ground and take a picture of themselves with the stadium behind them, not during the game, but before, during HT or after. They may want to stick it up in the air after a goal is scored to get a recording of the celebrations around them. Both of these things, and I'm sure there are countless examples of others, are completely reasonable actions which Spurs & Arsenal no longer allow. Why can't we just use a bit of discretion and stop needlessly banning everything?
    Ask the bloke in the row infront to take it?

Hardly going to run off with your phone is he? Firstly wants to stay to watch the match and secondly couldn't make a clean getaway shuffling his way down the row past people to the stairs.
  • Options
    Why do you want a photo of yourself at a football game anyway? Are you going to forget that you went? Are your friends not going to believe that you went?
  • Options
    3 year banning order should be given out if you bring one of these in to the ground.

Even worse for your health than pyrotechnics
  • Options

Kent_red said:

Hardly going to run off with your phone is he? Firstly wants to stay to watch the match and secondly couldn't make a clean getaway shuffling his way down the row past people to the stairs.
    Yes you could ask the bloke in front, that's what I'd do. My point isn't a logistical one, it's a matter of principal that we already have far to many people telling us what we can and can't do. If somebody would prefer to use a selfie stick, why can't we let them use a selfie stick?
  • Options

Kent_red said:

Yes you could ask the bloke in front, that's what I'd do. My point isn't a logistical one, it's a matter of principal that we already have far to many people telling us what we can and can't do. If somebody would prefer to use a selfie stick, why can't we let them use a selfie stick?
    I'd rather not get hit in the head by some moron who can't go 5 minutes without taking a photo of themselves.

• Options

What was that crap Ipswich fans were doing with the flashes on their phones midway through the second half last week?

The same thing happened at Blackburn away and around the same time as you say ?

Anyone any ideas ?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    http://youtu.be/vvrqlFf4Wq0

That's the Derby fans on the right , just a little more packed than when we were there
  • Options

http://youtu.be/vvrqlFf4Wq0

That's the Derby fans on the right , just a little more packed than when we were there

why?