Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Burglaries In Sidcup

In the last few weeks there have been a number of burglaries in the area culminating in this such incident last night:

The daughter of a 56-year-old man attacked in Sidcup is warning others after her dad “wrestled burglars and got smacked over the head with a mallet”.

Marnie Bishop says that a group of five young boys, aged 17-19, with Irish accents, broke into a neighbour’s house in Wyncham Avenue around 6:45pm yesterday (Tuesday 6 January) and attacked her father, Andrew Bishop, when he went to investigate what was happening.

She said “My dad went round to see what was happening and they ended up attacking him. They fled in an orange or red Ford Focus ST.”

They are said to be going around the Sidcup and Blackfen areas and knocking on doors, asking for directions, to see if people are in and as a distraction to see where keys are.

Don't really want to post the graphic picture of the poor man's head but, suffice to say, it isn't pretty.

So please spread the word.

Comments

• Dear all,
    Firstly, im so sorry to bother you all again but I forgot to mention the following

If any random man knocks on your door asking for directions then please call the police immediately. There may be more of them in the area trying to identify empty houses by using this tactic.
    These days most of us have a sat nav and/or a mobile phone which all have GPS systems so its highly suspicious if someone knocks and asks for directions.

Regards,

PCSO 7328 Stephen Graves
    St Mary's Safer Neighbourhood Team
    Email - bexleystmarys.snt@met.police.uk
    Tel - 020 8721 2816

If you do not wish to receive further communications from your Local Policing Team please inform us by replying to this email

Total Policing is the Met's commitment to be on the streets and in your communities to catch offenders, prevent crime and support victims. We are here for London, working with you to make our capital safer.

I live in Bexley and signed up to these Police emails recently, please read and be aware. These people are scum,please call the Police if you see ANYTHING that might be suspicious.

Thank you
  • edited January 2015
    Lowest scum of life .
    Hope the fellas gonna be ok .
  • Shocking. Pretty much on my doorstep and now shared on fb. Hope they catch the bastards
  • Hate burglars lowest of the low, should all be tied up and battered by their victims
  • These bstds are just below nonces send murderers in the scum scale
  • Virtually on our door step. Wife drove past and saw the police and soco officers coming out. Assumed something pretty serious had happened.
  • I'd hazard a guess at gyppos. Scum.
  • I'd hazard a guess at gyppos. Scum.

Ooooo! you'll get told off.
  • Been about 5 burglaries In my road in the last 6 months a only 2 mins in a car from where these bastards injured that poor fella , FFS how do theses people live with themselves they need ironing out .
  • Sponsored links:

• They need to enter the wrong house j, that's what they need to do

A pal of mine got woken up by two little chavs in his house, going into his kids bedroom

He destroyed them mate pit hem in his van drove thirty miles away and dumped them battered and bruised cut to fuck and naked open his back door of the van reversed and made them fall out

Never phoned the ob or nothing

Now that's justice

Quality just what the scum needed I wonder if they burgled anyone again
  • They need to knock on Duncan Ferguson's house. That is still one of my favourite stories.
    Scum.
  • Be careful if you have a new PVC door. If you don't double lock it, they are very easy to open with a screwdriver. Happened to me a few years ago when my kids were staying overnight. My daughter was so traumatised I had to move before she was happy.
  • Been a few in Bexley as well lately , utter scum
  • We had a bloke get into our house via our PVC door about 5 years ago. He was able to open it using a flattened coca-cola bottle and lifting up the locks amazingly.

They stole my dad's car which he loved. We received a parking ticket for it 3 weeks later but when we arrived at the spot it had already moved on.
  • Read the title as Bulgarians in Sidcup...

Not another thread ready to explode into party factions!!!!