Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vegas then..............??

2»

Comments

• smiffyboy said:

Going Vegas 18th February looking forward to it, first time, staying in the bellagio with a fountain view

Bellagio was my favourite hotel and the fountains are quality. Bar in the bellagio called hyde which overlooks the fountains so I recommend going in there.
    Brilliant shall pay it a visit, thank you
  • I'm there when we play our last game of the season, brothers stag and we are there for 4/5 nights staying at the Mirage. Believe we are going to watch supercross and have a few other things lined up. Saving money to spend, not a huge gambler myself but still expect to spend a few quid.
  • Don't be boring and let the lads down - stay for 2 weeks!
  • Another recommendation for at least a few days in San Francisco - brilliant place.

And there are loads of flights to/from Vegas, flight time of not much more than an hour I think from memory.
  • Tell them to ignore all that jet lag guff and break the flight home in New York. Brilliant double for first-timers.
  • edited January 2015
    I wouldn't leave the area without seeing the Grand Canyon, truly amazing, worth a nights stay and then the helicopter ride is cheaper! In Vegas itself there is an amazing all you can eat Japanese called Todai; the crab claws alone are worth the fixed price
  • I didn't like Las Vegas much but I'm glad I've been there if you get what I mean. However, driving across the Mojave Desert and staying in Palm Springs is nice. As others have said, San Diego and SF are a hop away (well, sort of)
  • My eldest son got married at Caesars Palace in Vegas last year and it was brilliant. To be honest I have never really fancied it, but it is quality. One thing I would highly recommend is the Grand Canyon trip, we went with a company called Maverick it was set up by a Vietnam vet! They have a great safety record, they are a little bit more expensive than some other companies but they also have the quietest (sorry I cant remember the name) helicopters but it was a fantastic trip. We all stayed in Caesars as well, there is lots going on apart from the gambling, we went to see the "Millwall boy" Matt Goss, he has a residency at Caesars, he was brilliant.
    We made a holiday of the "Wedding trip" and flew to Hawaii and then to San Fransisco on the way home. Hawaii was great, Waikiki, Pearl Harbour, the beaches and lots more. San Fransisco as others have said is a lovely city, once again lots to do, "hanging off the cable car" , Alcatraz was AMAZING, Lombard st (the windy rd), Golden gate bridge. Thoroughly recommend!!!

Have a great time to you and your pals!!!
  • If you want a bit of nostalgia, you could always go and visit the old London Bridge (the urban myth about they thought they were buying Tower Bridge)..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Havasu_City,_Arizona
  • Thanks for all the advice so far people - I'll be passing it all on.

Cafcnick1992 - I don't have the annual leave or money to do the extra week or so unfortunatley.
  • Sponsored links:

• If you want a bit of nostalgia, you could always go and visit the old London Bridge (the urban myth about they thought they were buying Tower Bridge)..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Havasu_City,_Arizona

I stayed over in Lake Havasu city on my trip, they have built a mini London village below the bridge. It was very quaint.