Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardiff.

Considering going back to a blue home kit.

Red, not so lucky then. We could have told you that lol.

Comments

• Options
    Will be wearing blue home kit from tomorrow.
  • Options
    Now this is a press statement!

----------------------------------------

STATEMENT FROM TAN SRI VINCENT TAN

PUBLISHED
    14:00 9th January 2015

The Christmas and New Year period has given me time to reflect on the events of the last year. Spending time with my family had a profound effect upon me. My mother, Madam Low Siew Beng, a devout Buddhist, who attended Cardiff City Football Club to watch them play, spoke to me on the importance of togetherness, unity and happiness.

Cardiff City Football Club is important to me and I wish to see it united and happy. With the guidance, blessing and influence of my mother, I asked my Chairman, Mehmet Dalman and Chief Executive Officer, Ken Choo for their advice and to consult with a good cross-section of the fan base.

This meeting took place last night, when some seventy representatives of our supporters were present. My thanks and gratitude to those who gave up their evening and time to be there. I am informed that this was a very productive and frank exchange of views, but all with the same objective to strengthen our Club. These views were also added to by a large number of emails that were sent to the Club over the last 24 hours from our wider supporter base.

To paraphrase John F. Kennedy, “Let us never compromise out of fear. But let us never fear to compromise.”

My wish is to unite and make the Club successful and in order to achieve this I fully support the Board’s decision to implement the following changes:

1. Starting from Saturday, 10 January 2015 and until the end of this season, our home kit shall be Blue. Our Away Kit shall be Red. I would like to thank the Football League for their approval to facilitate my request.

2. For the 2015/16 season, Cardiff City’s home kit colour shall be Blue. Our Away Kit colour shall be Red.

3. The Club badge will be redesigned to reflect the dominance of the Bluebird, while celebrating the proud history and heritage of the Club. I also wish to incorporate elements representative of my culture and beliefs, which I hope are respected.

4. As the Chairman has explained, the debt to equity resolution is not straightforward. We will deal with this in due course, with all decisions made in the best interest of the Club.

5. For the 2015/16 Season, Non Price Freeze Season Tickets will be reduced and Price Freeze Season Tickets shall be adjusted accordingly to match these prices.

I very much hope these steps will bring unity, success and happiness to our Club.

The challenge ahead for us is enormous and I truly believe we will overcome these obstacles as a united Club. I believe with divine blessings, Cardiff City Football Club will achieve great success.

Warm regards

Vincent Tan Chee Yioun

Read more at http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/statement-tan-sri-vincent-tan-2192317.aspx#Hy8suqTs7slfrlYF.99
  • Options
    3. The Club badge will be redesigned to reflect the dominance of the Bluebird, while celebrating the proud history and heritage of the Club. I also wish to incorporate elements representative of my culture and beliefs, which I hope are respected.

Why should they? Did he found Cardiff as a city or club?
  • Options
    What does Roland's mum say about Charlton buying another striker ?
  • Options

GILF?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Shame the seats in the new tier of their main stand are red... Oopsey!
  • Options

Shame the seats in the new tier of their main stand are red... Oopsey!

Roland will have them off him to replace the West Upper in the close season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why should they? Did he found Cardiff as a city or club?

Sorry but by crowbarring elements of his 'culture and beliefs' into the clubs iconography, he is disrespecting Cardiff City. Neither his 'culture', nor his 'beliefs' such as determining which players to sign based on their starsign or birthday, should be a factor when the club designs any symbols just because he has enough money to buy the club. I hope Cardiff fans actively resist any attempts to shoehorn Tan's weird demands into their club, including refusal to wear anything with red or a dragon, or vandalising anything resembling Tan's beliefs. This man has no right to talk of 'respect' any more.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Hope they stay red for a bit longer. Made no fuss at all when he was chucking money at them on their way to the Premier League, now they're crap again and seem to have suddenly decided that their history and heritage is important after all.

In fact, I hope they get relegated to the conference and Tan decides to change their shirts to a white background with a red cross.

I think that's a bit harsh. I thought a sizeable proportion of them resisted all the way.

It will have taken something for Tan to back down too. In Asian terms that could be taken as a loss of face.
  • Options
    Good news for the whole of football.
  • Options
    Think it's great news, my boss is a Cardiff season ticket holder!
  • Options
    Cardiff accounts show their debt is up to £174m
    Club lost £12m in Premier League season

icon cardiffcity27 February ~ Cardiff City’s newly released accounts show that they are now in £174 million of debt, after losing around £12m during their Premier League season. The accounts, for the year ending May 2014, show that despite earning £64m from broadcast payments for their season in the top flight, they still managed to lose nearly £1m a month and the debts are now £81m higher than the total value of their stadium and other assets. The majority of the money is owed to Vincent Tan, who has previously stated his intention is to turn debt in equity. However, chairman Mehmet Dalman has suggested he wouldn’t recommend that course to Tan at the moment. Wales Online have a full breakdown of Cardiff City’s accounts here.
  • Options
    totally crazy
  • Options
    Malky Mackay (and his mate) wasted a lot a money on rubbish signings

It's be a very different atmosphere for our game next weekend than for the promotion party the last time we played there!
  • Options
    can see it all ending in tears ,