Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Standard Liege Friendly Controversy

Just seen on another forum that SL have played a friendly this afternoon away to Heerenveen and that the match has been abandoned following the home players walking off - as a result of SL being awarded three penalties.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Chris - I got the bare facts from the Betfair forum.

This really isn't something that our great Club, by association, should be linked with ;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Clip of the highly dubious 4th pen he gave, and then ordering a re-take. As dodgy as they come.

• Options
    WTF
  • Options
    I'm afraid, joking aside, this will make the wrong sort of headlines. Having said that, if bookies want to offer prices on a meaningless friendly, then they are leaving themselves somewhat open to manipulation.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Clip of the highly dubious 4th pen he gave, and then ordering a re-take. As dodgy as they come.

if you're going to cheat, at least make some effort, jesus. That's embarrassing.

• Options
    A lot of football is fixed INCLUDING ENGLISH FOOTBALL.
  • Options
    I've deleted those links. I got some sex thing as well. Which was a tad embarrassing as my son was standing next to me at the time :-(
  • Options

'Dutch Football @football_oranje · 5m 5 minutes ago
    The Spanish referee awarded Standard their 3rd penalty of the game, and ordered it re-taken after Kristoffer Nordfeldt saved it.'

Plenty of these friendlies at Spanish training camps are fixed, usually one team and the officials in on it. They are very dodgy the refs, a lot of these friendlies are set up for the sole reason - this one was even streamed and I caught a little bit of it, people can become very stupid if money is waved in front of them...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the many SL supporters of Italian descent have given the Ref an offer he couldn't refuse ....
  • Options
    Forgive me for being naiive but are friendlies covered by the Bookies?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    purdis said:

ignore my waffling
  • Options
    purdis said:

A bare minimum of 35 Club Friendlies in just Europe will be offered tomorrow in Germany, Czech, Latvia, Russia, Holland, Belgium, Finland you name it..

A few have been made even more blatant than this, streamed on bookmakers with referee's ordering double re-takes of missed pens, one where almost every corner he was giving penalties for non existent tugging of shirts in the box (seemingly). Much more lapse rules (barely any at all) in Friendlies regarding officiating and that's usually the key to getting a match fixed.
  • Options
    The bookies have quite a good and open relationship with FA about these things when it comes to UK football. After all it suits both parties. There are often warnings sent out early about 'suspicious betting patterns'. Saying that, there is still a load that happen. Mostly on the continent and mostly on lower league football. The firms will take big hits in-play, as the liabilities are limited pre-match (if they even offer it) and it will be over before they can do anything about it. Also in-play they can hit simultaneous markets.

The same can not be said for the tennis authorities who want nothing to do with the scandal and there is far more bent tennis.
  • Options
    I think the main thing learnt from this is that Standard Liege need to practice penalties.
  • Options
    purdis said:

Certainly those involving Scotland are :-)