Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Derby on TV again

Sorry couldn't find the thread regarding tv appearances etc but derby are on tv again today and next Saturday too. How many games has that been this season? I think it's an absolute joke, I know we are shit when were on tv but it would be nice to see teams other than derby each week. Becoming the Leicester and Leeds of last season sky need to sort it out

Comments

• this game is v Ipswich .. justifiably on TV as it is 'the' champ game of the day ..
  • Doesn't bother me - I'd much rather a 3pm kick off than 12.45
  • Nearly as bad as Leeds' regular appearances on TV this season. At least Derby are decent to watch. Just don't understand Sky's obsession with Leeds!!!
  • Nearly as bad as Leeds' regular appearances on TV this season. At least Derby are decent to watch. Just don't understand Sky's obsession with Leeds!!!

Not sure but could be to do with Leeds being arguably the biggest club in Yorkshire in terms of support and history and Yorkshire being one of the largest areas of the country population wise. A pretty stupid way of doing things but I imagine it's an attempt by the broadcasters to keep Yorkshiremen onside. No one in Yorkshire cares about Hull because Hull is Rugby League territory anyway.
  • Surely, it's all about which teams attract most viewers, and therefore, adverts
  • Good. Play decent football. Deserve tv time.
  • Surely, it's all about which teams attract most viewers, and therefore, adverts

Well exactly, that's what the underlying point of my post was. Yorkshire currently don't have any decent football sides which is strange given the size of the region.
  • I swear Derby play Ipswich every weekend on Sky
  • edited January 2015
  • I'd rather watch Derby than us at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Derby are on next week as well, early saturday kick off v Forest.

Can't blame sky for showing them though, Derby are a good side. Why would any neutral want to watch us?
  • the referee used the magic marker spray in this game .. first time I have seen it used in the championship
  • It was used last weekend too.
  • _nam11 said:

It was used last weekend too.

In the cup, Lincs said the Championship. They decided to bring it in at the turn of the year nam.

As (un)official TV anorak I can tell you Derby's appearance next week will be the seventh time they have had a live league game on TV this season. Four of which have been at home. Leeds have had six so far (plus a league cup game) two of which have been at home.

• _nam11 said:

It was used last weekend too.

In the cup, Lincs said the Championship. They decided to bring it in at the turn of the year nam.

As (un)official TV anorak I can tell you Derby's appearance next week will be the seventh time they have had a live league game on TV this season. Four of which have been at home. Leeds have had six so far (plus a league cup game) two of which have been at home.

Thanks for the info AA .. that fact escaped my 'all seeing eye' ((:>)