Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premiership Arrogance

Why do players take off their shirts after they have scored?! (Tadic for Southampton).

They know they are going to get booked so why do it. Now he's going to miss a match as a result of that. Something which smaller clubs couldn't afford.

Players like him are on so much a week, it's as though they don't care if they're sat on the bench.

The arrogance of some players annoys me. Not as much love for the game at that level.

What does everyone think?

Comments

• Options
    Does he serve the ban in their cup match against Ipswich?
  • Options
    I'm not sure actually......
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    He didn't have a shirt on or his shin pads when on the bench ( before he came on) either.
  • Options
    Have it written in their contracts that getting booked for it will result in losing a weeks wages. That'll stop it overnight..............
  • Options
    Yes I thought that but they wouldn't care with the amount they earn. Same with the dramas they get caught up in off pitch too. But that's a separate subject!
  • Options
    Nothing to do with Premiership arrogance, just pure stupidity on the players part.
  • Options
    I was thinking that it was more prominent in that league due to the players being paid considerably more than any other league.

But yes, it is stupidity too.
  • Options
    not only that after the game all the Southampton players were to busy flirting with each other than go over to their fans. Koeman had to tell them to go over to away section.
  • Options
    Modern day football
  • Options
    Why do players get booked for taking their shirts off when they score but don't after the game when they are walking off the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They shouldn't be told to go over to their fans. That should be the first thing they do. Especially when some fans pay the amount they do for tickets to watch their idols.
  • Options
    Not just Premiership, Izale Mcleod did it at our place.
  • Options
    Ridiculous rule. Why take away the passion of a goal celebration. Hardly likely to incite the fans. Mad thing is that Defoe running in front of the North Stand cupping his ear and giving it the bigun = no booking. Whereas if he had just taken his shirt off and run to his own fans = booking. Mental.
  • Options

Ridiculous rule. Why take away the passion of a goal celebration. Hardly likely to incite the fans. Mad thing is that Defoe running in front of the North Stand cupping his ear and giving it the bigun = no booking. Whereas if he had just taken his shirt off and run to his own fans = booking. Mental.

I agree with this but did you see it? he should of been red carded for cringe. he's the kind of guy that takes pictures of themselves in the mirror then posts it online like a complete c*nt.
  • Options
    I heard it is nothing to do with inciting fans, or FIFA prudishness and everything to do with ensuring sponsors and shirt manufacturer logos are visible for the close up money shots of the celebrant. Sad but more than likely true - business interfering with the joy of football....having said that on a side note it is not exactly an instinctive reaction to a goal taking your shirt off. Noone ever saw Stanley Matthews or even the flamboyant Gazza doing it (from memory) seems like a more recent habit. The earliest i can think of someone doing it is Giggs in that FA cup match but perhaps someone predates this occurrence.
  • Options
    ... Last time i took my shirt off after a goal a teenage girl threw up...
  • Options
    It's a stupid law. Celebrating a goal gets you booked but a dangerous tackle/diving might not?
  • Options

I heard it is nothing to do with inciting fans, or FIFA prudishness and everything to do with ensuring sponsors and shirt manufacturer logos are visible for the close up money shots of the celebrant. Sad but more than likely true - business interfering with the joy of football....having said that on a side note it is not exactly an instinctive reaction to a goal taking your shirt off. Noone ever saw Stanley Matthews or even the flamboyant Gazza doing it (from memory) seems like a more recent habit. The earliest i can think of someone doing it is Giggs in that FA cup match but perhaps someone predates this occurrence.

The only way round it is for players to have the sponsors logo tattooed on their chest, maybe they'd not be too keen to change clubs then if they had to have it removed and replaced with a new one.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

That was sheer relief at his scoring for the first time in 100 matches.

We didn't believe it. I don't think he could either.

• Options
    Regardless of whether it's a stupid rule or not, the fact is that every player knows what will happen and to go ahead and do it anyway is nothing short of stupidity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's the Premiership?
  • Options
    Just looked at the stats for that match (BBC) just one shot on target....assume that was the goal.
  • Options
    You aren't gonna like Tony Watt then Sidcup.

"In response, Watt pulled off his shirt after scoring against Lommel United a few days later in the Belgian Cup resulting in a yellow card. Watt explained: "I just wanted to show that I am not fat. I knew perfectly well that if I took my top off I would get a yellow card – it happens all over the world but I just wanted to show everyone that I am in prime condition. I am not too fat and I wanted to prove this.”
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

What's the Premiership?

I can't remember.

• Options
    iaitch said:

Yeh but you couldn't call him a footballer.
  • Options
    Just seen he scored two goals for Crawley at the weekend, I assume he couldn't get his hat trick as he got a red card?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

colthe3rd said:

What's the Premiership?

I can't remember.

Possibly because it doesn't exist any more?
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Regardless of whether it's a stupid rule or not, the fact is that every player knows what will happen and to go ahead and do it anyway is nothing short of stupidity.

Yes. I agree, you hit the nail on the head. It's knowing the consequences and still choosing to do it.

However on a separate note, I do think being booked for that is extreme.
  • Options
    Just imagine Church scoring. Don't you think he would be elated and overcome with emotion to deserve removing his shirt!