Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Henry this new away kit i hear about

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
I thought that the club was going to keep the home and away (as home and away) kit to last two years ?

Comments

• Options
    the black one now will still be used as a 3rd kit dood. So they will be bringing out a new regular away shirt, well its what i heard anyway!
  • Options
    lol crafty old murray and co. they sounded sincere before this season when they mentioned about the home and away kit lasting two seasons.
  • Options
    They are. There will be three kits next year, the red, the black and the new one.

What is means is that from then on the club can introduce a new shirt every year with each shirt lasting two years so spreading the cost to those who want to buy them and giving you a new one to get every season.

Makes good business sense as well as having two new shirts at the same times means some people choose to buy just the one where they may have bought both if they came out a year apart.

Not seen the new shirt so can't say what it looks like yet. I wanted green and white hoops but they said no so the shirts are going to be (edited by Retail Manager) with (edited by retail Manager)
  • Options
    I heard it was going to be blue with white bits on it, and a dodgy property company on the front
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]They are. There will be three kits next year, the red, the black and the new one.

What is means is that from then on the club can introduce a new shirt every year with each shirt lasting two years so spreading the cost to those who want to buy them and giving you a new one to get every season.

Makes good business sense as well as having two new shirts at the same times means some people choose to buy just the one where they may have bought both if they came out a year apart.

Not seen the new shirt so can't say what it looks like yet. I wanted green and white hoops but they said no so the shirts are going to be (edited by Retail Manager)with(edited by retail Manager)

i agree with henners here, think it makes good sense!!
  • Options
    time for another ecru kit?
  • Options
    errr could you tell me henry where the club at the start of this season said there will be 3 kicks for the 2007 - 08 season.
  • Options
    Don't know if they did or not. They did say the two kits would last two seasons and they will.
  • Options
    Oi Henry - sort it out!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]They are. There will be three kits next year, the red, the black and the new one.

Not seen the new shirt so can't say what it looks like yet. I wanted green and white hoops but they said no so the shirts are going to be (edited by Retail Manager)with(edited by retail Manager)
    Sorry Henners, but the maths doesn't quite work here.

Unless a kit is going to last 3 years, you're always going to have a season where 2 new kits are launched.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That would have been the other way of doing it.

This way you get a new kit in 2007/8 (the secret colour not to be revealed) that lasts for two years.

Then in 2008/9 you have a new home kit (red) that lasts for two years

Then in 2009/10 you replace the away kit.
  • Options
    So they each last three years?? Or am I missing something here?
  • Options
    Is this one of those Carol Vorderman type questions ?
  • Options
    That's it. I try and all you lot can do it take the piss.

*prances off in a huff"
  • Options
    Remind me again about the Birthday conundrum, :-)
  • Options
    So in other words a new kit every year - it doesn't matter if it's home or away alternating - it's ridiculous.

Unfortunately that is the way football is going these days and the club would argue we have to do this to compete.
  • Options
    i never understand why everyone gets so heated about this kit malarky - you don't have to buy a new shirt if you don't want one, there's no regulation you have to have an up to date shirt or you aren't a proper supporter...

for god's sake look forward to a kit that isn't puke-inducing like our current away shirt and it'll make a nice change for next season, always interesting to see what new design and groundbreaking fabric they come up with anyways
  • Options
    away00b.JPG

Still the best away bit we've had for years.

Charlton away kits should be white, end of!
  • Options
    sounds like spin to me, if a kit becomes a third kit having once been a second kit, it is no longer a second kit, and is no longer truly current. I'd much rather the club just said it more clearly and openly otherwise it sounds like spin/new labour talk.

so nerr
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I liked last year's away shirt - shame it only lasted a year... :o(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2007
    I am with you on that.....last year's shirt was great design. Quality!
  • Options
    Yeah, good kit, and it was white.

Red at home, white away, none of this Rugby Union inspried stuff
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    are best away kit was last season with white on it and the great britian type thing going up the sides i loved that kit!
  • Options
    I did like last years, thought it was very classy, but am I alone in liking this season's black kit? If we go down though, get shot of it!
  • Options
    If I wanted to see a team in Black and Gold, I'll go to Wycombe to see Wasps play.
  • Options
    The ecru was my favourite, but agree our away should normally be white.

In fact i am not that fussed, i just have one rule and that none of our kits should ever be blue again.
  • Options
    The ecru badge was weird though.

We should avoid the Millwall blue, definitely, but the royal blue that Man U had a few years ago wouldn't offend me, or possibly a Man City blue?

Do you remember teh year Coq Sportif gave Birmingham City our exact home shirt as their away kit?
  • Options
    "In fact i am not that fussed, i just have one rule and that none of our kits should ever be blue again."

I actually quite liked the blue woolwich kit.
  • Options
    But Charlton never look right in blue.

Lasy years white, teamed with red or black shorts is by far the classiest.
    Whatever colour we play in, we are just not a 'blue' team........
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    What were we thinking commissioning a back to Valley strip and then making the away kit blue???