Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Walking the Nile channel 4

Sorry to break up about 12 threads all following the same theme, but is anybody watching Walking the Nile on c4?

Watched the first 2 episodes, very good. Perhaps RD can extend the network to Juba in South Sudan

Comments

• Options
    What was I thinking starting this thread tonight?
  • Options
    I've got the both recorded. Haven't watched them yet but have read good reviews.
  • Options
    Absolutely brilliant. This destination is not on my holiday list.
  • Options
    I saw the first one where tragedy struck - shocking. Yet to see the second one.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Sorry to break up about 12 threads all following the same theme, but is anybody watching Walking the Nile on c4?

Watched the first 2 episodes, very good. Perhaps RD can extend the network to Juba in South Sudan

Quality
    Just watched on catch up, thanks for sharing
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Watched both episodes. One not to miss.

Very well done and very realistic. Not one for the squeamish.
  • Options
    Yep first one was pretty strong viewing. Is it me or does the chap sound a bit like Michael Owen
  • Options
    Amazing series. I would've given up and gone home long ago if I was him
  • Options
    Got it on series link. Not got around to watching it yet though..........
  • Options
    Poor Boston!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's good, but seems odd we've covered 4 months walking in 2 episodes!
  • Options
    Thought the first one was excellent and obviously shocking.

Got episode 2 to watch. Are there just the two or more than that?
  • Options
    4 episodes I think
  • Options

Interesting programme.

Couldn't see why he couldn't meet up with Boston after Southern Sudan, as the visa issue seemed to relate to this country alone.
  • Options
    We're watching this and find it very interesting- especially as this sort of programme isn't always my cup of tea.

• Options
    Brilliant show, makes me feel quite untravelled though, I was genuinely googling tourist visa requirements for South Sudan during the last episode (and then promptly stopped towards the end!)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Excellent show nearly as good as sue perkins up the mekong
  • Options
    Just watched the second one.

What a brilliant and interesting programme. That fella has balls of steel and hair full of cows piss ;0)

Gutted for Boston. I know nothing about that sort of thing but surely they could have sorted something out so that he could meet up with them further along the journey, or maybe he will? I hope so, the poor bloke looked desolate.
  • Options
    Watched last week and was fascinating, the guys got some balls will give him that, especially when in the Sudan hotel and bullets start flying and he goes to the roof to get a better view then strolls out in the morning, f**k that!!!!!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Yep first one was pretty strong viewing. Is it me or does the chap sound a bit like Michael Owen

No mate, nothing like it IMO

Owens voice is annoying as fck
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cabbles said:

No mate, nothing like it IMO

Owens voice is annoying as fck
    :smile: weird I know. I could swear it though in certain things he said
  • Options
    Just watched the final episode. Brilliant TV .
  • Options
    Loved it too. The blisters looked painful.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Loved it too. The blisters looked painful.

Great TV - but had to look away when he started cutting into his blisters!

• Options
    Only got around to watching it on the last episode. Going to hunt out the previous episodes. Great TV.
  • Options
    shame that 3000 miles had to go into 4 hour less adverts (so about 3 hours really)
  • Options
    One of the camera men or photographer dropped dead during filming, not sure if they've shown that bit yet. But read an article on it, so sure it will mentioned at some point.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

One of the camera men or photographer dropped dead during filming, not sure if they've shown that bit yet. But read an article on it, so sure it will mentioned at some point.

Not part of the film crew, random american journo they met I think?
  • Options
    Great series.

• Options
    Was a journalist who joined them for a particular leg of the journey from what i remember and yes it was shown in series 1 or 2. The speed in which his health went downhill was terrifying! A tragic incident but a fantastic series!