Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I hate iPhones, iPads, iPods, iEverything

edited January 2015 in Not Sports Related
Anyone else had enough of technology such as iPads with Facebook, twitter, instagram and all that rubbish?

It does my head in. Everyone has lost the art of speaking to one another. You get on the train in the morning and instead of someone saying good morning when you sit down they are shouting out on their phone or tapping away taking pictures of themselves and posting it all over the Internet, I cannot stand it, it's all gone too far!

Am I sounding like an old moaning man, or does anyone else agree with me?

Rant over.

Comments

• Modern Life Is Rubbish
  • I'm behind you on this one.
  • Modern technology is fabulous. But the human race has yet to work out how best to integrate it into their lives and in many cases it has taken over their lives.
  • dizzee said:

Anyone else had enough of technology such as iPads with Facebook, twitter, instagram and all that rubbish?

It does my head in. Everyone has lost the art of speaking to one another. You get on the train in the morning and instead of someone saying good morning when you sit down they are shouting out on their phone or tapping away taking pictures of themselves and posting it all over the Internet, I cannot stand it, it's all gone too far!

Rant over.

Who the hell needs to talk to someone on the phone at 6:45 in the morning? Not just a "i'll be there in 20 minutes" type conversation but a full on drivel one. There is always someone doing this on my train.
    God knows why you would need iPads etc when you can have that fine free publication, the Metro.
  • I hate PCs and Windows more
  • When has anyone ever said good morning to fellow commuters on the train?

I do hate people talking loudly on phones though ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm behind you on this one.

Photo bombing his selfie? lol
  • dizzee said:

Rant over.

Who the hell needs to talk to someone on the phone at 6:45 in the morning? Not just a "i'll be there in 20 minutes" type conversation but a full on drivel one. There is always someone doing this on my train.
    God knows why you would need iPads etc when you can have that fine free publication, the Metro.
    Well I run a business which has staff that operate 24 hours a day. There are often phone calls in the middle of the night, 6.45am is a reasonable time for a conversation for me!
  • Are you stepping in in Pauline's absence for pointless thread of the day?

Ps my nan loves an iPod nano thingy.
  • dizzee said:

Rant over.

Before smartphones, did everyone on your train have a nice little chat in the mornings then? I don't think I've ever been on a train like that! :wink:
  • When I have finished working in my office, I do not want to sit in someone else's.

I do note that those discussing work always seem so full of their own importance and appear to be so happy to share to their views, which are so often immature and poor it is quite embarrassing.

Hate to let them know, but if your employer considers the work and you important enough they would have banned you from talking where you can be overheard. If you really want to look the part - keep your mouth shut.

As the old saying goes - better to keep your mouth shut and people think you a fool, than to open it and confirm it!
  • You use public transport unlucky :)
  • I hate everything it's far simpler ;-)