Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What got me really angry...

The thing that got me really angry was the three players who went straight down the tunnel after the game despite Matthews telling them to go and clap the fans.

Fans were incredible today, yet those players (can't remember who they were, one was Buyens) didn't even have the balls to come over.

Comments

• Options
    Disgrace. Name and shame anyone that knows...
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    This really makes me sad :( hope it wasn't watt, won't help his image
  • Options
    Watt was the only one that came over. All the rest just ran off down the tunnel
  • Options
    Watt came over and gave his shirt to a young fan, no problems with him

Buyens went straight down the tunnel, as did Ben Haim. Both clapped our fans though
  • Options

I don't think Buyens ever wanted to be here, but now he knows Luzon is coming, thats it. he wants out.

And, trust me, that was reflected in his performance today.
  • Options
    Buyens performances have epitomised our season... started well and slowly turned to shit.
  • Options

I don't think Buyens ever wanted to be here, but now he knows Luzon is coming, thats it. he wants out.

If that the case then, hopefully he will clear off and take any other players who don't want to be involved with him.
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

Watt came over and gave his shirt to a young fan, no problems with him

Buyens went straight down the tunnel, as did Ben Haim. Both clapped our fans though

First half of that is certainly good to hear. However I agree that Buyens is really loathing his time at Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could tell Buyens wasn't arsed today in the shooting warm up. He had a few turns, all of which consisted of a "shot" that looked the kicking equivalent of a shrug of the shoulders. After those few backpasses he trundled off somewhere else to hide away from any real work - exactly the same as he did for the following 90 mins.
  • Options
    Buyens and Ben Haim went straight down the tunnel after a half hearted clapping.

Rest didn't really last too much longer other than Watt.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2015
    tricky said:

Could tell Buyens wasn't arsed today in the shooting warm up. He had a few turns, all of which consisted of a "shot" that looked the kicking equivalent of a shrug of the shoulders. After those few backpasses he trundled off somewhere else to hide away from any real work - exactly the same as he did for the following 90 mins.

That is one of the problem with the Luzon coming in, Luzon and Buyens and Luzon and TBH have not good history. Add in the fact that Buyens is a season loan only from the mothership and when the chips are down, doesn't look like he will fight for the club.
  • Options
    Buyens, Wiggins and Church I think it was. Definitely Buyens and Wiggins.
  • Options
    I felt the same, still doing boro away though!
  • Options

That is not quite true. Watt came the closest to the fans but Solly and a lot of the players came part of the way over to the fans.
  • Options
    Reading away a few years ago they all done one
  • Options
    After watching that this afternoon, then I have no problem that one or two players went down the tunnel without acknowledging the away end. Players, staff and fans have been made to look and feel like a bunch of fools since last Saturday by the owner and CEO. Today summed up a sorry week.
  • Options
    Are we all going millwall away?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That is not quite true. Watt came the closest to the fans but Solly and a lot of the players came part of the way over to the fans.
    Only because Jacko, Matthews and Roberts led them over
  • Options
    Fans were booing them, what do you expect?
  • Options

Don't blame Church. He only has a right to show the same respect to us that we give him - not enough
  • Options

Don't blame Church. He only has a right to show the same respect to us that we give him - not enough

But he's not paying my wages
  • Options
    oh yeah
  • Options
    Generally think we wouldn't miss Buyens if he did go back. The odd flash of brilliance but has offered nothing since October.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Generally think we wouldn't miss Buyens if he did go back. The odd flash of brilliance but has offered nothing since October.

We would in that Roland wouldn't dip into the market to get us a better CM, with an injured/aging/unhappy JJ and a JC that desperately needs a rest and some support in the middle, plus a secured position... we would miss him, but my head tells me Buyens good performances are long gone.. good pen taker and usually consistent but no world beater.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    CAFC1304 said:

Only because Jacko, Matthews and Roberts led them over
    Well it is true then that they came over! They came over but maybe because some people at the front were waving them to go away, they didn't come as close as Watt. But unfair to imply they all ran down the tunnel. They are human and they know as well as us that it was a dire performance. I think it shows guts to come over, although I thought our crowd were stunned by then so there was no real aggression or animosity shown.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

A Belgian Ray Wilkins.