Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I'm giving everything Charlton a wide birth for a while.

That's it for me for a bit. This club, supporters, players and everyone connected is pulling it apart. We have discontent on every corner and what finally has done it for me is reading what has happened to Katrien today. It's just football folks. We get deeply involved but it is just football. I hope we turn it around I really do but I'm a little bit embarrassed (sorry Henry) to be an Addick right now. Over and out.

Comments

• Options

That's it for me for a bit. This club, supporters, players and everyone connected is pulling it apart. We have discontent on every corner and what finally has done it for me is reading what has happened to Katrien today. It's just football folks. We get deeply involved but it is just football. I hope we turn it around I really do but I'm a little bit embarrassed (sorry Henry) to be an Addick right now. Over and out.

You include the supporters in the list of the guilty? Odd.
  • Options
    What happened to Katrien.
    You mean what one person has put on one thread where they have give little detail?
  • Options

You mean what one person has put on one thread where they have give little detail?

And then watered down the original allegation.
  • Options

On the train back to London, supporters were apparantly yelling at her about the recent affairs, she started yelling back and was supposedly close to tears. Either way you put it, that's just not right
  • Options
    Recent affairs, sounds like Eastenders.
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

On the train back to London, supporters were apparantly yelling at her about the recent affairs, she started yelling back and was supposedly close to tears. Either way you put it, that's just not right
    I don't really condone that sort of behaviour, but............perhaps now her and RD will do one!
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

If you watch the video it was nothing like that at all.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/charltonfc/ (you have to join the group to see it)
  • Options
    WSS said:

Congratulations on the birth.

Stupid comments like that make me have fits of giggles
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A wide birth or a wide berth?
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

Exactly, she shouldn't be shouting at her customers, she put herself in this position, no one else!
  • Options
    A wide berth? Don't buy a narrow boat.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Rossman92 said:

Exactly, she shouldn't be shouting at her customers, she put herself in this position, no one else!
    By the same token, on a train on the way home after a game like that, and a week like that, isn't really the time or place is it?

You can hardly blame her for reacting like that towards her "customers".

• Options

Rossman92 said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/charltonfc/ (you have to join the group to see it)
    Can you give us a summing up please WCA? Not rejoining that group for all the tea in China.
  • Options
    So glad no-one has posted a gif yet
  • Options
    Fair enough but when he bangs on about Paul Jewell he lost it for me!
  • Options

Rossman92 said:

Leave off will you. Looking at that she's hardly yelling. She's got to speak loudly to get herself heard over the bloke that was milking the audience.
  • Options
    Flipping hell "customers".....the new w@nker term for fans.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Fair enough but when he bangs on about going to millwall he lost it for me!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Uboat said:

You are right.
    We have been mature, considered, patient and reasonable about this season.
    No arguments, xenophobia, bickering, moaning at players and management, massive over reactions to a big defeat, revisionism or deluded expectations.
    I'm really hoping we can step up a level and organize some disparate protests, perhaps starting with low level abuse on public transport via in-game demonstrations and on to large scale boycotts so we drive out the only person in years who showed any interest in buying our collapsing club, preventing administration and relegation.

Now excuse me while I don my helmet, empathize with the OP, and look forward to more reasonable reactions from Charlton Clients Customers exemplary fans.
  • Options

Rossman92 said:

Can you give us a summing up please WCA? Not rejoining that group for all the tea in China.
    Repost of the vid from another thread (non facebook site)
    Bubble said:
  • Options
    Fair play to her, how many football CEO's of football clubs would you see going home on the train, ever. Add in the mismanagement of the club this last week and the roll over on the pitch, that took balls. She then goes toe to toe with a fan, disagree with a lot she said, and a lot of what he said come to that, I mean Paul Jewell FFS.
    This in a strange way has in my eyes improved her image, she should do it more often, miles better than some sanitised press conference, or OS message. Next time bring you mate Roland along, no may be not, don't want a riot.
  • Options
    Nothing to see in that video. She's not close too tears. No one acts aggressively. She tried to explain the appointment whether it's right or wrong. Fair play to her for acting professional.
  • Options
    Think she will stop getting trains to football games from now on.
  • Options
    Just seen the video, nothing like what I was told. No problem with how either side acted
  • Options

Curb_It said:

Fair enough but when he bangs on about going to millwall he lost it for me!

Oh dear. I had no idea what you meant but I've just read the Forum thread. Divvy.
  • Options

Uboat said:

You are right.
    We have been mature, considered, patient and reasonable about this season.
    No arguments, xenophobia, bickering, moaning at players and management, massive over reactions to a big defeat, revisionism or deluded expectations.
    I'm really hoping we can step up a level and organize some disparate protests, perhaps starting with low level abuse on public transport via in-game demonstrations and on to large scale boycotts so we drive out the only person in years who showed any interest in buying our collapsing club, preventing administration and relegation.

Now excuse me while I don my helmet, empathize with the OP, and look forward to more reasonable reactions from Charlton Clients Customers exemplary fans.
    Well if you're going anyway I might as well call you an obsequious twat.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Do let me know the basis for your abuse?
    You kind of prove my point, so thank you.
    PS what does obsequious mean?
  • Options
    Sorry Roland.